Pure Greyhound....or Pure Saluki ??

unregisterd racing whippet is one of the most succsesful to breed into dogs for lurchers , , mosy useful sighthound to breed into lurchers , if you get a good greyhound very handy beast had 2 out of several and one of them could lamp run and stay , rest were mostly sprinters , so no good , , look for distance greyhounds etc get them running fit youll be surprised ,salukis are very useful to but all depend sif there pacy to as not all land has plenty space to run

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My choice would be saluki every time and thats not baised on wat ive read in books but wat i have seen with my own eyes and imho a greyhound should only be used to produce first crosses then never use

You need initial speed in the blood be it from whippet or greyhound there has to be something in their mix to give the acceleration. Saluki blood adds stamina but if you can't put a turn on it before

I like your post mate, and I agree totally. Greyhounds are mega keen sighthounds in their own right. There are few decent lurchers about that dont owe a great deal to the greyhound. But I find it a bi

i think [bANNED TEXT] ever you have u gotta chuck that bit of pure back in every now and then judging the dog you breed from weather it being you put a saluki or a greyhound back because like some one said some of these line breeds get abit slow so if that me i would chuck a greyhound back across or if the dog maybe a bit racy or or lack bit of stamina i would chuck saluki back or abit of 1 st cross is the way to be pure helps if you no how your dog is breed and you judge the running style right. just my opinion

I dont know much about any of this but I would never think of breeding to either a greyhound nor a saluki unless I had no other choice...................I dont see that every happening though so not worried.

What would you use for daytime coursing?

His Coyote Hounds.

Cheers.

Yeah just seen that thread lol. Nice dogs.

Fair play. But I thought this thread was about coursing hares.

It is about using Pure Greys or Pure Saluki in Lurcher breeding, are they still needed, or is Lurcher to Lurcher the way to go ?

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski

I dont know much about any of this but I would never think of breeding to either a greyhound nor a saluki unless I had no other choice...................I dont see that every happening though so not worried.

What would you use for daytime coursing?

If I was serious I would get jackrabbit dogs or import a dog from a guy or two I know. Me personally though I would just run my shiteaters on them and watch them fail miserably and not really give a flyin f**k.