Hancock dogs

I've had the old stuff and had'nt seen any new blood shipped over here in a while. We have hunted them on rats to bears and they did all right.but dont kid yourself not every one was a rock star either, but we here had some good ones.

6-17-05-123.jpg

032008002-2.jpg

newdog-1.jpg

030111011.jpg

I've had the old stuff and had'nt seen any new blood shipped over here in a while. We have hunted them on rats to bears and they did all right.but dont kid yourself not every one was a rock star either, but we here had some good ones.

6-17-05-123.jpg

032008002-2.jpg

newdog-1.jpg

030111011.jpg

Cracking pics them pal

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i got one , she is my first lurcher , still young but is showing promise , my reasoning for getting one was simple , new to the game had no connections in the hunting community wanted a collie x and t

Had one in the early 90,s. A three quarter bred beardy border bitch, which turned out to be a really good little dog taking all british quarry although only roe in the venison steaks. But a lot didn't

Not many first crossers of any type will truely come from working stock if your taliking about both parents being workers..people grab a collie, bull, or whatever, stick it over a greyhound and thats

most people prefer a dog from working stock, so were does the bull come into it cus 9 times out of 10 the bull bred into them doesn't work,

so if a bull can be chucked into it without working why can't any other breed ?

Bull is put into a cross to add drive, gameness, power etc. the average shitty bull will still have more of these traits than many other breeds.

Must be doing something right if he's been

Going longer than I've been alive :laugh:

Possibly my next dog :thumbs:

Ooooh !! do tell

Nothing to tell mate, just think I might go down this route next time........ Might go for one of them Hancock deerhound/ wolfhound crosses

I've had a few over the years and they range from pretty poor to very good, I'm currently running a collie/grey from a hancock x hancock though she's no world beater she's a bitch that knows her job and does it well.

I think with Hancock dogs the saying "you get out what you put in" is very apt with them.Though as solely rabbiting dogs they can and do excel, though thats no different to any collie/grey.It just when you buy from Hancocks you get exactly what you want, something you can't always be 100% about when buying from anywhere else. :thumbs:

• Like 2

FTB-Its a no brainer to do some research on here and go see stock that's doing what you would want a dog to. I know its convenient to go get a gallon of milk at the store instead of milking the cow, but put the work in and you made the right first step.

• Like 1

Another Hancock forum......

His dogs arent workers that he breeds from but if you breed that many youre going to get some good and bad Id personally like to know how he walks 50 greyhound bitches and all them stud dogs on a daily basis????

I like sex but i also like to get out a bit...... :whistling::icon_redface::angel:

you can only tell faults in adog or good pionts if parents are worked ,if he runs clever got good feet pace stamina , quite , natural fetcher good marker hardy , so why would you go to untested dogs , that maybe look nice but in reality not worked hard enough to prove there self ,strange place the internet , and strange veiws that should had been put [bANNED TEXT] many years ago , it was like the old saluki thing there dum run away not clever bull shit etc put that t rest years ago

• Like 1

was thinking of getting one when the old lurcher goes. never new that they was just cross and not any real workers. sounds like any lurcher from rescue could be just as good. not putting my money in his pocket

there are plenty of them mate believe me had mine three weeks today to be honest you only get out what you are prepared to put in like anything else if you work at it ,it will payoff but to various degrees if a dog has top breeding and comes from a reputable bloke fair enough even a fool can turn a silk purse into a sows ear whatever the breeding. if memory serves me right another prolfic dog breeder was ginger french a mate of mine said he had upwards of a 100 dogs.?? so did he get to exercise all them.? i only found out that plummer had popped his clogs last week as an owd mate told me but i have been away a few years. know doubt he is in heaven or hell trying to sprise that ferret of richard whitelys finger i actually found this guy full of himself obnoxious at times and an overly inflated opinion of himself and abilities .

Read a few years ago he threatened to shop another well known lurcherman to the DHSS to swipe his column on a mag.???

to true, it was he says to me one day at scone palace ill burry that man d slieght how dare thee question my lurchers etc i found it strange how he had all these luckless souls hanging about to learn of him some came back neither educated about hunting or better off ahah lol, i used remember he had all these young kennel hands , even at 14 i thought fech cleanng his kenels got my own to do , fech im glad ive been brought up with some top hunting poaching men as a kid and naturlists,on the country side matters

• Like 1