Lamping with two dog

i can see what you mean, but if i did that with my bullx , he would have you off your feet. As said its strange really as he dont pull onthe norm, but when out lamping he is total differnt dog, when he really wants to go he as massive strength. He aint no bigger than your dogs 26in 72lb, but his tenacity is full on i am 6ft 13 st and he will pull me no prob :yes:

I guess thats Bull crosses for you! maybe try some heavier boots! lol

yeh or put couple of stone on :laugh:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take the pup on its own when it's old enough. They don't need to watch another dog to learn how to chase a rabbit.

another trick you need plenty game to get a steady dog plus long walks with no game so they dont think walks mean game , neve rhad qdog master me yet had some done my head in but some are better worke

down to trainig and entering to do two dogs on there own , all this pulling i would soon put them strait as pups , long before they saw a feild , wouldnt have a mad pulling dog full stop not a joy to

Posted Images

my bitch is the same , if she sees a rabbit, just on a usual treck down the line, you gotta be carefull she dont pull your shoulder out, she was only about 13months old and i stopped to light fag, walked abit and the lead went loose and she took me a few paces, and im knockin on 16stone...running dogs are very deceptive, as my bitch is only 70lb now, and at the time she was about 60lb lol

down to trainig and entering to do two dogs on there own , all this pulling i would soon put them strait as pups , long before they saw a feild , wouldnt have a mad pulling dog full stop not a joy to watch or walk with ,

• Like 3

always lamp with 2 dogs, do get the odd problem tangled slips ect but nothing to worry about in general all good :thumbs: never have a problem with one dog putting the other one off retrieving both retreive to hand and will double retrieve if slipped togeather

down to trainig and entering to do two dogs on there own , all this pulling i would soon put them strait as pups , long before they saw a feild , wouldnt have a mad pulling dog full stop not a joy to watch or walk with ,

im not on about general pulling, im on about if she sees something and the lead goes loose, as shes walked on a tight leash all the time so can always feel the tension ..therefore if she she sees something before i do , and for some reason the lead goes loose, she thinks iv left her off at it, end result is her pulling me a few yards..so for your information, my dog isnt a mad dog who hasnt been trained and shes definately a joy to walk with...the bottom line is, how eager one anothers dogs are

I've only started lamping with two dogs lately, to be honest it's just a local wander with the lamp and take the both. Now even though both dogs lamp off slip normally, it's difficult to keep them both under the tight control I like 'em at and if it wasn't for the fact that I know the ground so well I wouldn't fecking bother, there are far to many possibilitys of sommat going wrong, it's a pain in the arse to me.

The simple fact is that if your dog is at the right age to start and you choose your ground, your night and your runs, you can enter a dog easily enough and you don't need any 'help' from any other dog..! With the basics of good behaveour starting right there and you without the constraints of another mutt alongside.

I agree a mad dog pulling like a steam train on your arm, sounds a hideous nightmare to take lamping :huh: :huh:

I do take a young pup myself at times but generally on night time excerice not a serious session, IMO you dont need to let a young dog watch a older dog INFACT I can be a good way to start the young dog pulling and being a total nightmare while watching other dogs run :yes: Its a pretty undesirable habit to have to live with ;)

Why not just take your pup on its own when you want to enter it, seriously it will be more educational for the dog and less stress for yourself.

Good luck with your pup Sirius

im not on about general pulling, im on about if she sees something and the lead goes loose, as shes walked on a tight leash all the time so can always feel the tension ..therefore if she she sees something before i do , and for some reason the lead goes loose, she thinks iv left her off at it, end result is her pulling me a few yards..so for your information, my dog isnt a mad dog who hasnt been trained and shes definately a joy to walk with...the bottom line is, how eager one anothers dogs are

spot on mate, i can take either dog solo no prob, and i have lamped with Bryn my colliex with other lads and is very good, he dont pull as he knows he will get is turn. Tod a differnt type dog, he is very full on when that lamp goes on. As i said the way i do it it worked very well for me, and i had good night both did well for what they were( bred) for :thumbs: They are easy dogs to live with , they (dont) pull on the lead in the day, good temps with people+ dogs, and Tod as lot of tenacity in him, and (only) shows it when lamping and i can live with that :yes:

That's bollox whin all dog's are different as are crosses etc ive got a pup who walk's perfect and doe's everything fine my 10 year old lad walk's him in the day now ive just started to walk this pup on his own on the lamp and the dog is fine but ye stick that lamp on something moving the fecker would pull a house down to get to it and is even worse when ye turn the lamp of and dont let him run it, granted he is getting alot better everytime he is out but they do learn from on the job experiance saying ye sort out a pup before it enters a field is horse shite taking them into the field and them pulling is just progresive training which all young dogs do stop crabbing folk fella ye really are starting to look daft :thumbs:

That's bollox whin all dog's are different as are crosses etc ive got a pup who walk's perfect and doe's everything fine my 10 year old lad walk's him in the day now ive just started to walk this pup on his own on the lamp and the dog is fine but ye stick that lamp on something moving the fecker would pull a house down to get to it and is even worse when ye turn the lamp of and dont let him run it, granted he is getting alot better everytime he is out but they do learn from on the job experiance saying ye sort out a pup before it enters a field is horse shite taking them into the field and them pulling is just progresive training which all young dogs do stop crabbing folk fella ye really are starting to look daft :thumbs:

All dogs can be trained dogs that pull and jump about are dogs badly trained its easy to make excuses the dog should be able to be worked loose and only run when told if not then you,v not put the time and effort in needed and a young dog should already be steady before taking it into the field. All dogs are different but many owners are the same with the same out of control dogs and the same bull sh8t reasons for being unrully its the breed he,s highly strung he,s eager the one short cumming they have all got is shit owners who have no idea how to train a dog but blame the dog anyway .

you obvisly never done serous dog training hedz , ille take you out hedz with three dogs 60 odd pound and 50 pound will they do my tits in no why cause i ran the ass of them in there youth so they no its no big deal its called progresive entering something 90 percent dont no what to do ,at times , i have a ,pup 6 months to young dogs in there prime theyre of leash lamping one on leash does other pull much no , cause ive got him sorted out as a youngster , im not crabing but dont tolerate dogs pullin me about , thats not a poaching cur or hunting dog , why daft hedz explain ,ye how were they trained the waterloo cup dogs tell me that , had greyhounds the same after a six week stint very biddable ,if i had adog pulling serously we would have a fall out till its rectified ,had quite afew powerful dogs but never had a problem with them , as im severe with them at times but got away with animals

• Like 2

All dogs can be trained dogs that pull and jump about are dogs badly trained its easy to make excuses the dog should be able to be worked loose and only run when told if not then you,v not put the time and effort in needed and a young dog should already be steady before taking it into the field. All dogs are different but many owners are the same with the same out of control dogs and the same bull sh8t reasons for being unrully its the breed he,s highly strung he,s eager the one short cumming they have all got is shit owners who have no idea how to train a dog but blame the dog anyway .

yes some of it i agree with, if you look at what i said which is where the argument started from is that my bitch THOUGHT it had been slipped/let off by mistake and i wasnt out lamping, just strolling along the taff trail where she seen a rabbit, and thought she could go at it...