Opinions on working staffords?

Well i think my staffies excellent at working, she can bush just as good as any other terrier, very good at ratting, does fox........ I don't big my dog up and i will be the first person to tell you shes shit. A lot of people under-estimate staffords, i know its quite rare to get good working staffords but im pleased with my little bitch.

staffy-1

hunting061.jpg

hunting079.jpg

hunting076.jpg

hunting075.jpg

hunting073.jpg

hunting072.jpg

hunting071.jpg

hunting070.jpg

P6230130-1.jpg

P1010077.jpg

Edited by Stabs

Used a staffie as a busher for years before she got cancer, she enjoyed her job did'nt like to give up her game for anyone, she was'nt nasty with the other dog's, she was a pet but on many occasion's i had to put her in the kennel's with the other's if she did a bit of drawing work. :stink: ;)

After all they are terrier's at the end of the day.

Edited by MATTI

I know that they can and do work........but with so many being bred for profit it is more than likely luck of the draw as to if you get a good one or a bad one.

There are some good lads on here with experience of working Staffs :yes:

think they are great looking dogs but what gives them a shite image is the twats walking around with the great big studded collars on them just to make them look hard.aint fair on the dog,they deserve something better in my opinion.

working dogs,show or pet, the staffy is a classic in it's own right,but as for work underground to fox ,not in todays terrain.patts,russels,lakey's,borders,there the true subterrea workers of yester year and today .

Edited by Millet

think they are great looking dogs but what gives them a shite image is the twats walking around with the great big studded collars on them just to make them look hard.aint fair on the dog,they deserve something better in my opinion

Totally agree with this statment!!!!!

• Like 1

my bitch can get to ground :victory:

A mineshaft doesn't count as "to ground" :D

:laugh::laugh::clapper:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: lol sorry lads i was in a rush, ill explain in more detail. She can get into big earths, and will do. But i have never dug to her and dont plan to, i use her for drawing mainly.

A lot of foxes up here use old badger earths.

staffy-1 :big_boss:

Careful Staffy...Stabs

It depends on your definition of work.

It's a poor stafford that won't kill a fox but that's not work.

The stafford that can scent one, follow a line, catch and then kill it is more like it. A dog that's hole ended or given a dropper isn't a working stafford to me. They can make half decent bushing dogs but they have their limitations. It's nice to see more lads taking an interest in them for bushing and what have you. Versatile little buggers.

come on stabs - lets have a couple of pics of your lovely staffs!

some of the guys on here have brilliant examples of what a staff SHOULD be. as stabs mentioned, a decent staffy should find a scent, follow its trail, chase, catch and kill their intended quarry. as well as this they can make fine beating/bushing dogs, great companions and not bad pickers' up. IMO its foolish to get a staff, intending to work it and expect it to be a world beater. they just aren't. fact. a good spaniel bushes as well if not better, a good patt(or other) works fox as well, if not better, a good hound follows a trail better - but in all honesty i never truly understood the phrase "dogged determination" untill i watched a stafford work a fox, just as it should. incredible dogs. stubborn as f**k, hard as f**k and corageous and loyal till the last. this is why people work staffs.

rant over.

honest.