beddy greys on hares

nothing charti just when you start getting the ones out of the woodwork sayhing this and that there beddie done , this and that to youre a good lad can you tell us the rest of the story please new kid ye i no what you are saying but the heading WAS CAN AFIRST CROSS BEDDIE GREY CACTH HARES NOW WE HAVE BEDIE GREYY CROSS SALUKI ETCETC , STICK TO THE THREAD

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a big fan of the Beddy x ,never seen one that showed nothing other than 110%,if I had to start from scratch in this game the Beddy x grey would be my chosen starting point...as for Whin and his bl

you have seen a lot of things mate but you talk some shit mate atb

Whin I enjoy a lot of your posts and I'm sure you walk the walk as you like to say, but sometimes there maybe other people who are worth listening to, who maybe have walked the walk too, some of these

Whin, I think the post was CAN a beddy grey catch hares, and I think a couple of lads with experiance with beddy greys have said yes they can, on the right ground, the first post was not could a beddy grey catch a hare on the fens or your big land..... but can beddy greys catch a hare, I would've liked to have heard more about these dogs and the land they ran, how they hunted ect, instead of nit picking where you think they can't catch...... I would of liked to have heard where these dog could and did catrch, but unfortunately some of the lads with a lot of experiance can't be bothered to post just to get torn to shreds.

Cheers

Kev

• Like 2

did anyone use there beddy greys on hares and how did they do day or night? i know there not hare dogs but for how did they fair against them. how do they fair as allrounders?

Lets get back to the origional question; YES, people did, (and still do). run Beddy/Greys on hares. YES they caught the odd hare, but couldn't be classed as "Hare Dogs" ! YES, I would class them as fair allrounders ! Now, this is just my opinion, others will have different opinions :thumbs:

Cheers.

• Like 1

no bother kev enjoy , ye on the [bANNED TEXT] land most half crosses will put a sho but thtas mugging hares not cacthing mate , localy first cross beddies would be tioling at times , but on the high land moors then there in for a shout no prob , sorry for that ,mate, when i talk hares i talk coursing or decent feilds were the dog has to stretch the hare and use his ability , mate as you no youre self some places most half greyhound could catch at times all the best

• Like 1

My old first cross caught one or two in her time fair and square but being honest I wouldnt describe her as a Hare dog, she was a fantastic rabbit dog but had endless stamina a surprising turn of speed and stood 24" so when she did get a Hare up she would keep it honest every time. Real sport, even though the Hare's mostly got away. its a great cross.

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of the Beddy x ,never seen one that showed nothing other than 110%,if I had to start from scratch in this game the Beddy x grey would be my chosen starting point...as for Whin and his blinkered views well I expect no different of him lol... no one other than he has a hound that has even remotely a chance of knocking over a bit of gear 'locally' to him haha ..dream on matey :-) ATB Andy

• Like 4

Great cross the right ones they are fantasic little hunting dogs to but the 3 quarter is fantasic animal ranging about the 26inch mark and can slaughter hares on big land and take other fast critters to on big land even fesent lol atb lads there fantastic wee dogs and will hunt warever always liked them even seen them take the odd fesse or two lol

as i said before ran both xs ran 3/4 breds big hairy dogs kill hares on moorland no trouble and in sheep fields with the high stone walls real good hard working dogs and they could do a shift on the beam atb Edited by troter58