rabbiting/ferreting terrier ...whats best

hi people

a long time ago i used a jack russel bitch for flushing and marking setts for ferreting she was absolutely brilliant for the job and the best i had seen . im just wondering whats the best breed for it these days? it was some fifteen years ago since i used a dog for ferreting and am looking in getting myself a one after xmas ...just wondering if any of you could put me in the right direction regarding the best breeds

please help

happy hunting

LITTLE BED/WHIP TICKS THE BOXES FOR ME-MARK/HOLD IN NETS/CATCH THE BOLTERS-OR HAD A 3/4 PATT-1/4 RUSSELL BITCH THAT WAS MUSTARD AND WOULDNT STOP MARKING/BOLTING ALL DAY-FIND SOME ONE WHO IS WORKING THE PARENTS TO RABBIT -THERES A GUY IN COUNTRYMANS SELLS WHIPPET/TERRIER XS THAT ARE MEANT TO DO ALL THE THINGS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR-BEST OF LUCK FINDING ONE.ATB BOB :D

when i was younger i went out with them all terrier wise ferreting from patterdales ,borders and lakelands and have never seen out like the russell bitch do border terriers have good noses because back then i didnt rate them

NOTHING WRONG WITH THEYRE NOSES-SOME A BIT SLOW TO START-BUT NOT ALL :yes:

IMV123,any terrier off parents working that have a good nose will work what you want it for,the main thing is nose,a dog that can't follow scent is a waste of time and get it out bushing early to encourage it on the rabbits,preferably with some dogs already doing it.I've had most terrier breeds and there's not much difference in any of them for tats and rabbits,I use plummer's and plummer/russells myself and they catch more than the lurchers some days,good luck with your choice,WM

• 3 weeks later...