Cormorants wiping out fish. HELP

My friend has sunk his life savings into a old quarry full of ponds, but the cormorants are taking all his stock fish. I'm not a fisherman but I feel sorry for this guy. My suggestion is shooting them. Anyone out there know of any other ideas. As he's near a reserve with twichers. And might get reported.

Seen the metal cages you can put into pond to protect fish and damage the diving blackens. But I want to see carcasses dead uns?

Any methods or ideas

Cheers

Craggrat

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it ain't the cormoRANTS its the immigRANTS !!

Well isnt this thread all jolly.....is it the fact its fish or the bird in question doesn't have a 'hook beak'...? ..... Shoot it, drown it, net it.......i shall remeber this next summer when some yo

so are you saying its ok to go out and break the law stubby,, you may think its ok to break the law,you just can't go and shoot them Ats will as you say but but saying so it may lead to people doing

I have had a number of cormorants in salmon-nets,I once actually saw a bird land on the water,dive under and I just knew within a few minutes the floats would be bobbing,I said to my mate "Thats going to hit"sure enough it meshed itself,there are massive numbers of them decimating fisheries inland,apply for a licence as you can shoot a limited number,failing that out of sight out of mind.

http://www.environment-agency.co.uk/business/sectors/32665.aspx

Mackem, you've got me thinking about using my longnet

Mine were always accidental catches mate,if they were alive I released them,but mostly they were drowned,I dont think a long-net has the depth,apply for the licence anyway mate,its his livelihood thats at stake,the worst that can happen is they say NO in which case a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.............

Shoot the fu*kers, and as many as he can. I know lots of lads who have scared Cormorants off with a shotgun........................ :whistling:

It's a strange one this, because before you could get a license to cull the Cormorants, the owner of the fishery would just have to stand there and watch his livelihood disappear before his eyes, and they are only inland because there's no fish in the Sea any more, or is it just easier fishing for them ??

Nah, just shoot um. :thumbs: