4 Yard Fox tonight

Went for a lamp tonight with a mate on one of his farms. Very clear night but slight bit of wind going to we were hoping it wasnt going to be too hard to get a fox.

Lamped a bank on the other side of the field and spotted 2 sets of eyes, so decided to walk around to come up behind then. They were hunting in the field and didn't seem bothered about the lamp on them.

Finally got to a tree that was on a fence line and spotted on of the foxes happily hunting in the field. Wind was coming straight at us and fox didnt have aclue we were there, I gave a little squeek and he came bolting in towards us. He came onto a track that was between us and the field he was in and i managed to call him into a very close 4 yards then my mate shot him with his Winchester SX3 30inch 3/4 choke shotgun loaded with a 3 1/2" Fiochi 63gram 0's which put the fox straight to the ground.

Another chiken killer on the way to heaven. Me and my mate have got a bit of a calling competition going on (who can call a fox in the closest) haha so far im winning with 4 yards. All fun and games

Fox number 55 this year by the way guyes. !!

post-23539-0-87718600-1323299168_thumb.jpg

Edited by whippeter69

Now tha is skill calling them in that short a distance, wa your opinion on those 3 1/2" fiochi my mate bought them but hasn't been luck enought 2 pull the trigger yet

Judging by the Fox, they're pretty good! :whistling:

Are you sure the fox thought they were good?... :hmm::D

Now tha is skill calling them in that short a distance, wa your opinion on those 3 1/2" fiochi my mate bought them but hasn't been luck enought 2 pull the trigger yet

At 4 yards I think the plastic wad would have been sufficient to kill the fox, lol.

At 4 yards I think the plastic wad would have been sufficient to kill the fox, lol.

:laugh: Butt of the shotgun would probably suffice at that range too! :D

100% certain Lab :thumbs: .

I did a seance and asked it if it liked being shot at that range, and it replied: 'I never felt a thing, all I remember is seeing a rainbow bridge with a bright light, and a voice saying softly, come to me, come to me.................... And anyway I was getting really sick of stealing all those easy pheasants from that game farm in Fife. The owner never seemed to have any time to try and stop me me since he took to cuddling and caressing Cats, ................................................

And anyway it must've been better than having a mad Welshman beat me to death with the butt of a shotgun'

• Like 1

I did a seance and asked it if it liked being shot at that range, and it replied: 'I never felt a thing, all I remember is seeing a rainbow bridge with a bright light, and a voice saying softly, come to me, come to me.................... And anyway I was getting really sick of stealing all those easy pheasants from that game farm in Fife. The owner never seemed to have any time to try and stop me me since he took to cuddling and caressing Cats, ................................................

And anyway it must've been better than having a mad Welshman beat me to death with the butt of a shotgun'

Yip thats me finalised it. Just been doing a physcological report on some of your recent threads and they all point to you being....now how do you spell it, ermm...............

A f*****g weirdo!!....... :D

Yip thats me finalised it. Just been doing a physcological report on some of your recent threads and they all point to you being....now how do you spell it, ermm...............

A f*****g weirdo!!....... :D

:yes: :yes: :yes:

I've got a certificate to prove it too! :tongue2:

Well done that man!

I recall a chance I had at one just 3 metres away!.... nope, I'm not trying to out do you ha!

I know I was 3m away because I was up a highseat and he was peeing on the botton rung! Inexperience took over and I tried the shot and missed... hence my username :-)

Just joined this forum....right move I think.

Cheers, Steve

• Like 1