decent spades

Do yous not think they're a bit expensive seeing you can get one made the style/size/shape you want for less than 20 quid. Plus you'll need at least two spades and a shovel if you plan to do a bit off digging. It's not a fashion parade lol

i think 20quid is a reasonable price to pay for a decent spade.. as for needing several spades, if just starting out & need all the gear it can cost a few quid but i just need a good drainage spade..

I know a lightweight spade is handy carried but on hard/stoney ground IMO it takes something with a bit off weight about it.

same but ive got a digging bar as well so my round mouth is only to get the material out, steel shafts and myd handels are the way forward

Simply get yourself a decent Bulldog roundmouth, they do a standard or a smaller rabbity type. You can modify as you wish, steel shaft, foot bed, cut a 'V' back through the blade for roots etc but all comes secondry.

A good Bulldog will get you to China if the man has the will behind it and as for cost... What price your dog....? :yes:

• Like 1

2011-12-06_18-07-11_398.jpg

2011-12-06_18-08-08_87.jpg

http://www.wwmfg.com/default.asp?contentID=1141 The rubber handle is very durable and saves my wrists and elbows quite a bit of grief when blasting thru the frozen earth. The rubber handle is replaceable, (though I have not had to do that yet after two years digging) And if you dont trust the idea of the rubber handle you can get the same spade with the regular d handle. Top shelf equipment , well worth the money.