working terrier club N.I

for the irish lads on here..... if fell and moorland was going to think about starting up a rep for northern ireland again would yous join lads??? or if even if an irish working terrier club was to be started up would yous join.... the club would be for genuine working men and women :yes: and there dogs... terrier men/women could have contacts for like rescues and legal advice should the need arise :blink:.... be able to keep the genuine breeds like the russells the lakelands patterdales borders all get kept to do what they were bred to do... where men could meet other men with the same breeds with the same goals in mind and keeping the working terrier scence in ireland to even higher standards than what we already have here.... plus it would be a voice in ireland for terrier work which if we dont do everything we can to stop these buck eejits in stormont passing some stupid fcuking law that they know nothing about soon.... would yous join???? it would not be for profit but just a true working terrier club for ireland and for the benefit of all... atb stopend . :thumbs:

• Like 3

Would it work is the question ???? seeing alot off fellas don't see eye to eye to put it lightly. if a few representatives were appointed who's to say that me or the next fella might also have opinions on why they were picked seeing, for example : I may have been working dogs alot longer than him and may not rate his compared to mine !!!! I wouldn't be against it, but would it work ? Also you got sorted ystrday with the aid off a few guys you can rely on, I'd be in the same position without a club in place, so apart from the stormont side off things, I wouldn't have the need off a club for help.

Would a ,Irish Working Dogs Assoc, not suit your needs more,Encompassing all working dogs that will be effected by Hunting Laws.

The Model in Scotland ,seemed to work pretty well here in stopping some Leglisation,and we all Bicker here !P.M.Events Cordinater,may help in a Guidline to build on :thumbs: It was mainly Terrier clubs,Fox Destruction clubs,but you will need to get a few LEVEL heads on board .

• Like 1

Would it work is the question ???? seeing alot off fellas don't see eye to eye to put it lightly. if a few representatives were appointed who's to say that me or the next fella might also have opinions on why they were picked seeing, for example : I may have been working dogs alot longer than him and may not rate his compared to mine !!!! I wouldn't be against it, but would it work ? Also you got sorted ystrday with the aid off a few guys you can rely on, I'd be in the same position without a club in place, so apart from the stormont side off things, I wouldn't have the need off a club for help.

lol i hear ya about the ego thing son of but any area rep wouldnt be an easy job i would think with the amout of people who hunt plus it wouldnt be a paying job so has no great prospects only you get to help fellow terriermen who could need assistance...as for standards of dogs well you would only mix with people from the club who you would consider to keep the dogs to your standard... and at the end of the day if someone keeps a standard thats suits them who are we or anybody else to say whats what at the end of the day i wont be feeding it so not really my concern... but as far as keeping the working standards then surely it can only be a good thing... and it would be all over ireland if people wanted to be area representitives for that area....plus if your in a club which sets out legal standards to work dogs permission slips and the rules of terrier work well surely it would show these so called do gooders that we are not a buch of blood thirsty killlers that these people try and protray us as....

lol i hear ya about the ego thing son of but any area rep wouldnt be an easy job i would think with the amout of people who hunt plus it wouldnt be a paying job so has no great prospects only you get to help fellow terriermen who could need assistance...as for standards of dogs well you would only mix with people from the club who you would consider to keep the dogs to your standard... and at the end of the day if someone keeps a standard thats suits them who are we or anybody else to say whats what at the end of the day i wont be feeding it so not really my concern... but as far as keeping the working standards then surely it can only be a good thing... and it would be all over ireland if people wanted to be area representitives for that area....plus if your in a club which sets out legal standards to work dogs permission slips and the rules of terrier work well surely it would show these so called do gooders that we are not a buch of blood thirsty killlers that these people try and protray us as....

Yeah I know we're you coming from mate, it's just getting everyone on board would be the hardest and as you say getting lads to do the work and put the effort in without a wage.

an area representitive would be the man who also could put you in contact with members close to you as well for all different things.... any members are equals as it would be a club solely for the benefit of working dogs and not the egos of mebers plus everyone who is a member would have there oppertunity to voice there opinions at any meeting... the chairman of the club would be just more a diplomatic figure for like debates and votes on the club and the directions it would take and if any legislations are about to go through soon again so i would way rather have a representitive of a working terrier club where there would be x amout of members to sign petitions and voice opinions on any legislations that these muppets would try and push through... you could have like a six county branch with a general meeting of the whole club held twice a year at neutral venues...... its for the love of WORKING DOGS son of not money lol... i think personally it would benefit all dog men standing together on issues that matter to us..... :thumbs:

an area representitive would be the man who also could put you in contact with members close to you as well for all different things.... any members are equals as it would be a club solely for the benefit of working dogs and not the egos of mebers plus everyone who is a member would have there oppertunity to voice there opinions at any meeting... the chairman of the club would be just more a diplomatic figure for like debates and votes on the club and the directions it would take and if any legislations are about to go through soon again so i would way rather have a representitive of a working terrier club where there would be x amout of members to sign petitions and voice opinions on any legislations that these muppets would try and push through... you could have like a six county branch with a general meeting of the whole club held twice a year at neutral venues...... its for the love of WORKING DOGS son of not money lol... i think personally it would benefit all dog men standing together on issues that matter to us..... :thumbs:

I agree with you on that one, wouldn't have a clue were to start though !!!

I agree with you on that one, wouldn't have a clue were to start though !!!

OPEN MEETING,see who is interested in holding a position and putting in WORK!! plenty will go to meeting,few will actually do the hard slog,It might not be The Best dog /Digger Guy.But The one That can hold his own with Allsorts and is Elequount enough to put "YOUR VOICE " over is a must,Experience/Knowledge of the game at the back is a handy Tag Team, Hope you find the right guys IT could all the difference,be prepared to Network with folk ,you would normaly shy away from,they could be invaluble.. ;)

think it was tried years ago down south pal it didnt work out though .Im sure one or two lads on here were involved in it

I remember that scent,i also joined along with friends of mine,there were some area reps from up my end who were geting the club together,i think it stoped as quick as it started.

think it was tried years ago down south pal it didnt work out though .Im sure one or two lads on here were involved in it

I remember that scent,i also joined along with friends of mine,there were some area reps from up my end who were geting the club together,i think it stoped as quick as it started.

thats what i heard pal a few others on here were in it too ,think there would be a serious clash of personalities if one started up again ,sad really i think