is it better to use heavier pellets in a pre charge, and lighter ones for springers? im looking to get a pcp, and want to know if i get a .177 pellet 10 grains, and a 22 pellets 10 grains, would the trajectory be the same etc ? but it does then say that on this site the thunderbolts are made for springers because they such a lightweight 22 pellet, any help would be great, thanks rob !

Hi mate,

I dont think that you can get 10 grain .22 pellets, but if you can you would probably find that if you shot it at 11.5 foot pounds once you put a 16 grain pellet in it would be way over the legal limit.

A police man can use any .22 pellet to test it to see if its within legal requirements.

A Bisley Magnum is 21 grain :icon_eek: .

Regarding pellet trajectory and speed. Two pellets can be the same weight but if they have a different BC the trajectory will be different.

The higher the BC the better the pellets copes with drag.

What i would say is dont give up accuracy for trajectory. Choose the pellet that suits your .22 or .177 barrel the best for accuracy then learn its trajectory so you know it instinctly.

Too many people seem to want flatter trajectory but forget about accuracy. No point in being flat from 10 to 25 metres if the pellet has a 2 inch spread as your already out your kill zone at 25 metres.

Better have a pellet on pellet setup / pellet and have to hold under at maybe 15 and 20 metres.

Si

Edited by zini

Hi mate,

I dont think that you can get 10 grain .22 pellets, but if you can you would probably find that if you shot it at 11.5 foot pounds once you put a 16 grain pellet in it would be way over the legal limit.

A police man can use any .22 pellet to test it to see if its within legal requirements.

A Bisley Magnum is 21 grain :icon_eek: .

Regarding pellet trajectory and speed. Two pellets can be the same weight but if they have a different BC the trajectory will be different.

The higher the BC the better the pellets copes with drag.

What i would say is dont give up accuracy for trajectory. Choose the pellet that suits your .22 or .177 barrel the best for accuracy then learn its trajectory so you know it instinctly.

Too many people seem to want flatter trajectory but forget about accuracy. No point in being flat from 10 to 25 metres if the pellet has a 2 inch spread as your already out your kill zone at 25 metres.

Better have a pellet on pellet setup / pellet and have to hold under at maybe 15 and 20 metres.

Si

how do you find out the bc's on diffrent pellets and what do you mean by drag? iv never looked into it this much before lol thanks for the advice though mate

There is a slight misconception about pellet choice for .20. It's true most shops don't stock much if any but if you look online, there's a decent selection to try. H and N, JSB, Daysate (which I think are pretty much identical to the JSBs), Logun, Dynamic, Benjamin and others. All quality makes.

It is very true that the gun selection can be a bit poor but if folks get in touch with dealers, manufaturers and importers and ask direct, many of them can accomodate :thumbs:

got my answer the computer says no

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your enquiry. We are sorry, but unfortunately, we are unable to assist.

We can only supply the Pro Sport in .22 or .177 calibre. In fact, all our rifles are only in .22 and .177, with the exception of FAC power S500/S510 which we can supply in .25 calibre.

Kind regards,

Sheila

© Air Arms (NSP Engineering Ltd). Air Arms reserve the right to make changes and alterations at any time.