old fashion jack russels

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pictures of mine pre ban great happy days wish I could take the clock back   Have tess and moses having rag of a dead fox after a good dig     Tess soft as any thing around the yard wouldn'

this is my little bitch

My jack again,narky lil bitch at times,great for rats and bunnies

Posted Images

Great post and nice to see some pictures. My girl is about 14 months now. She has fitted in a treat, she works very well along side My lurcher flushing stuff from cover. She is also a bit of a demon around rats and mice, so plan to do more stuff like that with her on her own. She has been hard work breaking to the ferrets but good with them now although I dont think I would take her out rabbiting with them but looking forward to see how they work together on rats in a few barns I have just secured.

bth_GEDC0182.jpg

She is pretty nimble and just getting her flying wings

bth_DSCF0565_zps6c31a77d.jpg

bth_DSCF0584_zps08bed872.jpg

• Like 2

hi been looking at the parson thread and it got me thinking where has all the old fashion jrt gone do people still breed them by old fashion i mean 13inch queen anne leg type or have they made way for white lakey and parson type or have they fell out of fashion with the show fraternity. atb spazzy p. PS any pics would be great.

You've got me a little confused, altho some would say that that is easily done. ;)

A heavy-set 13" Jack won't fit into many of the dens that I see here. let alone the tight logs.

This lad is around that size and just spannable, but I have larger than average hands.

Dogs017.jpg

This old girl is 12" and spannable with a knuckle to spare. She'll go just about anywhere that an adult fox will go.

Dogs021.jpg

Like the Reverend Russell, I like well-proportioned dogs that can cover a lot of country, rather than the stubby-legged type. I've not seen it handicap them in tight spaces. They go anywhere that their chest will fit.

DogPics009.jpg

hi been looking at the parson thread and it got me thinking where has all the old fashion jrt gone do people still breed them by old fashion i mean 13inch queen anne leg type or have they made way for white lakey and parson type or have they fell out of fashion with the show fraternity. atb spazzy p. PS any pics would be great.

You've got me a little confused, altho some would say that that is easily done. ;)

A heavy-set 13" Jack won't fit into many of the dens that I see here. let alone the tight logs.

This lad is around that size and just spannable, but I have larger than average hands.

Dogs017.jpg

This old girl is 12" and spannable with a knuckle to spare. She'll go just about anywhere that an adult fox will go.

Dogs021.jpg

Like the Reverend Russell, I like well-proportioned dogs that can cover a lot of country, rather than the stubby-legged type. I've not seen it handicap them in tight spaces. They go anywhere that their chest will fit.

DogPics009.jpg

what ive should have said was 12 inch queen ann leg, the fox setts i have near me are no more than dug out rabbit setts and are quite tight so a larger dog would be no use for me. jmo sp P.S nice pics . Edited by spazzy paddy

what ive should have said was 12 inch queen ann leg, the fox setts i have near me are no more than dug out rabbit setts and are quite tight so a larger dog would be no use for me. jmo sp P.S nice pics .

I agree with you about size being an issue....

However it seems to me that size of the chest is far more relevant than the length of leg.

By my reckoning, a 12" stumpy will have a bigger chest and greater difficulty in tight earths than a 12" "balanced" dog with more leg and less girth.

Edited by Tsayad

My old jr was a stocky big chap but he never failed too get up to a fox. We used too dig regular so he had plenty of work.

He was a grafter though with a big heart

where i an the fox earths are no more that dug out rabbits setts and are tight and feck me he was barrel chested, i took him on as a favour and i never realy liked him and he didnt like me he would rather bite when he could lol. atb sp

allways makes me laugh when people say old style russles yes the short legged bandy ones were about still are but so were the leggy ones hunt terries none descript types

allways makes me laugh when people say old style russles yes the short legged bandy ones were about still are but so were the leggy ones hunt terries none descript types

i said old fashion jr as am not interested in white lakey and parson type, every time i see a thread on the latter some times they go off topic or get silly . yeah they are still about no dout but it is not they type i wanted to see. jmo sp