Lure racing machine

I've got one the girlfriend paid £250 for plus £20 for string only ever been used once and sat in shed I'd take a sensible offer for it! Where are you from I'm in Wigan..

If you google draghare that's the one, comes with string battery skin ready to use.

Edited by *ferrifleboy

ive nearly finished making one at work, used extension reel frame and reel, ford transit starter motor and some bits like bearings off an old grinder i had lying around, just got to sort the wiring out and something to control the speed as at the minute it wudnt have a prair of catching it. looks really good aswell so will post pics up tmoro

Edited by shaun1986

hi, i have now made a machine useing a starter motor off i motor bike! i have a pit/staff and a staff chasing the machine and they r only 6months old and nearly catching it. i have got the wheel off a wheel barrow and attatched that to the motor. is there any other way ov makin it quicker, the wheel i am useing is bigger than most that i have seen on these machine and bigger than the extention real machine. iv asked loads ov poeple after the starter motor and they have all said that the motor run at ruffly the same speed, y do poepl use a old ford starter motor? i can get my hands on loads ov reliant starter motor with or without the solenoid as i am the main dealer ov reliants across the country! cheers ryan i will try post pics

i made this one a while ago, its an electric starter off a nitro RC car. with the spool from a small spool of mig wire.

only used it once and we had a good few hours running it continuous for 30+ long runs.

just welded up the frame from some scrap i had laying around. its small, light and fits in my back pack. we ran it all day on a 12v 9ah battery and the battery recharged in 6 hours with the trickle charger so it dosent use much juice.

post-53506-0-58146800-1322502526_thumb.jpg

i made this one a while ago, its an electric starter off a nitro RC car. with the spool from a small spool of mig wire.

only used it once and we had a good few hours running it continuous for 30+ long runs.

just welded up the frame from some scrap i had laying around. its small, light and fits in my back pack. we ran it all day on a 12v 9ah battery and the battery recharged in 6 hours with the trickle charger so it dosent use much juice.

we had a good day that day ,the battery would of done another 30 runs aswell ,could do with another day like that all the dogs enjoyed it