digital camera suggestions wanted.

A while ago my mrs put a thread up asking for a decent small digital camera...Darcy pointed her towards a sony Cybershot and i must say for a camera around the £100 mark it does take excellent photo,s. Also compact enough to fit in the smallest of pockets..atb stabba

What puts her off the DSLR?

If it is weight and having to carry it round her neck then look at a Quick Rapid or the original Black Rapid sling. (on the bay).

I would never go back to a neck strap after using one. I pretty much take my camera everywhere now if it is light and usally with a big 70-300mm lens. I bought my step mother the copy version and it is very good, she now uses her DSLR much more and loves the fact that you can forget you are carrying a camera until you need it even with a heavy lens.

If you want a good compact the Canon S95 has just been replaced with the S100 but it is still a top class camera and also much cheaper now (£230 compared to £300) and still coming down in price it is not quite DSLR quality but not far off and is what I would buy for a small pocket camera even though there are hundreds to choose from. That or the slightly bigger and more expensive G12.

When you have chosen what you want look on camerapricebuster.co.uk for the best deals it lists the top brands and cheapest prices.

If it is weight and having to carry it round her neck then look at a Quick Rapid or the original Black Rapid sling. (on the bay).

I would never go back to a neck strap after using one. I pretty much take my camera everywhere now if it is light and usally with a big 70-300mm lens. I bought my step mother the copy version and it is very good, she now uses her DSLR much more and loves the fact that you can forget you are carrying a camera until you need it even with a heavy lens.

If you want a good compact the Canon S95 has just been replaced with the S100 but it is still a top class camera and also much cheaper now (£230 compared to £300) and still coming down in price it is not quite DSLR quality but not far off and is what I would buy for a small pocket camera even though there are hundreds to choose from. That or the slightly bigger and more expensive G12.

When you have chosen what you want look on camerapricebuster.co.uk for the best deals it lists the top brands and cheapest prices.

hi pinnacle its due to having a baby carried on her back and the weight of the camera on the front and the baby moving when taking pics,

she just wanted a small pocket sized point n shoot that could take decent quality pics :thumbs:

I'd never even heard of those straps. Think I'll put that on my Christmas list!