pacman vs marquez 3

well i cant really call this one to be fair,obviously marquez is bringing something new to the table to fight him again,3rd time lucky some might say...id love mayweather and pacman to get it on after no matter whatever the result,if anyones is capable of knocking mayweather out its pacman...but can he knock out what he cant hit????id love mayweather to win that fight,everycunt loves to hate the guy but he does for boxing what barcelona does for football....that boys impressive

• Like 1

Pacman, but Mayweather will beat him if they fight, despite all the drug allegations Mayweather will be too fast for him. Just wish they would get some decent drug testing in pro boxing, it's rife in the amatures as well with people taking ephedrine, but the fact theres so many pros failing drug test's it stinks.

No trainer of any worth would allow his fighter to use ephedrine......the eca stack ( ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin ) is a great energy precursor,its basically a simple low grade meth.......and yes of course it burns fat......but what it can also do if used over long periods is cause heart trouble mainly mitral valve prolapse....it ups your blood pressure and raises your heartbeat........all things which can be easily picked up by a doc in any of your pre fight medicals.

It sharpens reflexes,you hear better see more clearly and generally react quicker.......but if preparing for a big fight alone is not giving a fighter enough adrenalin then he,s not training right in my opinion !

Gnasher I boxed with loads of guys, all seniors who took ephedrine before fights, also trained with fighter who had a England vest who sold steriods in the gym. Theres been too many american based pros who have failed drugs test's for steriods, James Toney, Roy Jones ,Fernando Vargas etc

Just to add theres also plenty of amateur rugby league players who I know also dabbly with ephedrine.

Edited by Plong

Gnasher I boxed with loads of guys, all seniors who took ephedrine before fights, also trained with fighter who had a England vest who sold steriods in the gym. Theres been too many american based pros who have failed drugs test's for steriods, James Toney, Roy Jones ,Fernando Vargas etc

Just to add theres also plenty of amateur rugby league players who I know also dabbly with ephedrine.

The thing is Plong a top fighter will usually have a top trainer,and a top trainer will usually have a lot of knowledge.......steroids themself are useless without serious knowledge behind them.....Im sure some fighters do use ephedrine,but not top level fighters with top level trainers......some fighters think they know best and go ahead and do things thats always happened.....but thats not the same as using gear in a planned way as part of the fight build up.

Too many folk think steroids are the quick easy route or they use them to make up time when in reality they dont have the knowledge to use them.....you talk about ephedrine.....ephedrine is not even a steroid !..ephedrine is neither anabolic or catabolic......its actually classed as a bronchiodiator which is basically used to open the airways to the lungs for asthma patients.....the reason its used is that it gives an energy boost as some of the drug converts to epinephrine when inside the body ( adrenalin )....over a period of time it will also burn fat while preserving muscle.

As an example......im sure you have heard of Kerry Kayes......he was a British champion bodybuilder so obviously has a great knowledge of steroids/nutrition etc.....he was Ricky Hattons conditioner,while im no fan of Hatton theres no doubting he always came into the ring in fantastic condition......now for a fighter who was so indisciplined between fights he would have been the perfect candidate for Ephedrine use.....but Kerry Kayes knew he could get him in far better condition without it,apart from it being a banned stimulant of course....he was accused many times but never once tested positive.....Frank Warren tried to get Kerry down here to some of the London gyms but being a northerner he stayed up there and i believe he,s now operating out of Joe Gallaghers gym.......anyway my point being,i accept times have changed since i was fighting but you can have the greatest products in the world......without the knowledge they are useless :thumbs: ....all the best.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3

Ephedrine is taken about 40 minutes before a fight, it gives both increased energy and aggresion, its not used as a training supplement. The reason I mentioned steriods in the same statement is theres alot of american fighters that have failed drugs tests for steriods and in my opnion if you move up more then 3 weights steriods are usually involved. Reason I mentioned ephedrine is it's the one I have personally come across been used in amature sport. Sure some of them take steriods as well but there not going to do that in a car traveling to an event, you can take steriods and get the requied results in you own home where as ethedrine needs to be taken just before.

Edited by Plong

Plong do you know the PROVEN actual benefit of a 50mg ephedrine boost 1 hour before performance......its a 5-10 % increase.......the same could be got from caffeine or aspirin.....no different to several cups of coffee.

It has a very mild amphetamine like effect on the nervous system which will increase awareness,concentration in relation to nerves/muscles etc......

Like i said so many folk believe what their mates tell them or think they are getting something they are not without ever really having an understanding of what they are using...........im not trying to preach to you mate i suppose im just a bit of a dry lunch when it comes to gyms/steroids etc.....i have no idea why :icon_redface:

Incidentally 3 weights can be as little as 10 lb.......it is virtually impossible for any human being under natural conditions to put on any more than around 7 pounds of lean muscle tissue per year.................so unless the 3 division weight increase is in a very short space of time theres really no reason to be sceptical.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Plong do you know the PROVEN actual benefit of a 50mg ephedrine boost 1 hour before performance......its a 5-10 % increase.......the same could be got from caffeine or aspirin.....no different to several cups of coffee.

It has a very mild amphetamine like effect on the nervous system which will increase awareness,concentration in relation to nerves/muscles etc......

Like i said so many folk believe what their mates tell them or think they are getting something they are not without ever really having an understanding of what they are using...........im not trying to preach to you mate i suppose im just a bit of a dry lunch when it comes to gyms/steroids etc.....i have no idea why :icon_redface:

Incidentally 3 weights can be as little as 10 lb.......it is virtually impossible for any human being under natural conditions to put on any more than around 7 pounds of lean muscle tissue per year.................so unless the 3 division weight increase is in a very short space of time theres really no reason to be sceptical.

Mayweather is saying that pacman has put on 50 pounds in the last ten years,would you say that would be possible with no steroids? seems alot to me?

Mayweather is saying that pacman has put on 50 pounds in the last ten years,would you say that would be possible with no steroids? seems alot to me?

The truth is mate me you or any other tom dick or harry simply doesnt know......do i think he has,no i dont......

Firstly he hasnt put on 50 pounds he,s put on 40 since the age of 16 when he was a light flyweight ( 106 lb ) up to welterweight ( 147 lb )..............what nobody seems to realise is at 16 Floyd Mayweather won a golden gloves title at what weight.....yes you guessed it 106 lb !!....................nobody is asking if Mayweather has taken steroids.....infact Mayweather has fought at 154......thats a 48 lb jump to Paquiaos 41 lb.

Its also worth keeping in mind Paquiao grew up dirt poor and probably didnt have the greatest nutrition even as a young boxer.......so for the last 10 years having had access to nutrition for an elite athlete.....put together with the different climate living a lot of the time in Usa.........no i dont see any reason at all why his naturally growing body wouldnt put on 40 lb over 10 years.

In reality theres no more reason to think Paquiaos been on steroids as there is to think Mayweather has.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

Gnasher I have done it I know, it makes a hell of a difference more than a few cups of coffee, don't know what dose I took but it was 5 really small tablets. Fact is with Pacman theirs a hell of a lot of people in boxing who have pointed the finger not just Mayweather, Kevin Mitchall has said it, Frank Warren has his doubt's, American fighters have said Freddy Roaches gym is well known for it. Just find it strange that fighters in Roaches gym who looked glass chinned before they trained with him suddenly get the ability to take big shots.

When you put it like gnasher, you have a very valid point ! When you explain it like that then the weight doesn't sound out of the ordinary! Plonk I must admit khan seems to have borrowed that chin of somebody who can take a dig ????

Gnasher I have done it I know, it makes a hell of a difference more than a few cups of coffee, don't know what dose I took but it was 5 really small tablets. Fact is with Pacman theirs a hell of a lot of people in boxing who have pointed the finger not just Mayweather, Kevin Mitchall has said it, Frank Warren has his doubt's, American fighters have said Freddy Roaches gym is well known for it. Just find it strange that fighters in Roaches gym who looked glass chinned before they trained with him suddenly get the ability to take big shots.

Well ive never used ehedrine.....honest :icon_redface: ......so i,ll leave you to work it out for yourself mate which you will if you apply the glass half full theory rather than the glass half empty ;) ...i see it virtually on a daily basis......the fact your taking unknown doseages of any substance before athletic competition i find staggering :icon_eek: ...anyway f**k all that.

Freddie Roach is one of the worlds top boxing trainers do you think fighters are going to go with him and not improve their boxing ability............Khan probably cant take a shot any better now than he could before but he has become technically more proficient......he shifts his weight better,he rolls with the punches better......his chins still the same as it was but those are the benefits of a top trainer......its not rocket science.......as regards Kevin Mitchell and Frank Warren,you dont need to look too far to understand why they would say that come on Plong i think you understand the game a little better than that ;)

Edited by gnasher16