Very bad day yesterday...........

Having been airlifted in 2006 following my only ever motorbike accident that was my fault I can see both sides.

Young kid thinks he can drive going too fast causes mayhem and nearly kills himself and others....happens every day. It's no different to the rep on the motorway on his phone and/or eating a sandwich, the hgv driver watching tv in his cab or on the internet?

Driving involves risks.

The main problem in the uk is that kids dont start off on scooters at 14 like on the continent. Riding a scooter or motorbike hightens your awareness of your own mortality....then at 17 they should only be allowed to drive a non pas series 3 land rover so they learn how cars work, planning your manouvers/braking and they wont get distracted by a stereo....

I think cars should be like bikes, pass your test, can only drive a 1.2 litre with a max power output of say 75bhp. No modifications or tweaking allowed! Then after 3 years and the driver being over 21 be able to move up to unlimited bhp, as in bikes. Might make the roads safer, how many of the plastic muppet car owners have notified the insurance companies that they have dropped the suspension, but a batmobile plastic body kit on and have a stereo used for torturing people by the American security forces?

Shame for the kid,hopefully he'll learn from it.A few do.

Must agree fully with bulldog and whoever wants to drive a car no matter what age should spend at least 12 months riding a scooter,and the governing of power output of cars is the way to go as any newly qualified driver(cash permiting)can get into 300bhp+ car no questions asked.

Good luck Martin,and no laughing with them busted ribs :thumbs:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Martin, glad your ok mate... And I hope the other chap pulls through.. But you really aint having a lot of luck recently are ya???

No matter what vehicle you drive a serious RTC is not good!   Hope you both get all the suport you need at this time in your lives.  

hope the lad pulls through and learns a valuable lesson from it.