Thinking about a R10 mk 2

Another thumbs up here for the BSA Ultra.

Wow what a rifle.

Love using my mr's Ultra.

Been out tonight and shot a nice bunny with my HW100S on scope camera at 30 metres give or take a metre.

Si.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a HW100kt and really liked it, accurate as the devil, but ended up swapping for a brand new mk1 BSA r10. Both rifles are much better than i am but i do prefer the r10, just a better feel in your hands, greater shot count plus the fact it was brand new :) I've not even had a tin of pellets through the r10 and i'm selling her now though. I had all the best intention in the world to get the barrel shortened but never have. It worked fine straight from the box, albeit a little longer than i would of liked with the silencer on. But i don't tend to shoot from a car so hasn't bothered me too much. I put a sling onto both of the rifles so weight wasn't an issue although the r10 does seem a little more front heavy but nothing major.

Now going to ' downgrade ' to something else to get some money out of the rifle for more ferreting gear for the season. I'll still have a rifle and next spring i'll have a look around and upgrade to what i fancy at the start of ' my ' shooting season :thumbs:

Whichever one you choose you won't be disappointed, can you not get your hands on both and see what takes your fancy ? ATB in your choice

I had 2 r10's in the space of a week and even thoe the second was ok it had disheartened me so it had to go.

as for the waranty they can drag there heals abit they told the lad at the shop I bought it from that it could be 6weeks before I got my rifle back so he swapped it for me for anouther in the shop this still had the odd prob like the mag not indexing on the last 2 shots but on the whole was ok but it wasnt the gun my hw100 is again I think thats just down to me and my preference.

I have to admit the moocher is right, there have been plenty of reported problems with the R10 (which was never up to the same standard as the S10). Compare either to a 100 though and you will be astonished, grouping is phenomenal, power is consistent, reliability, it feels more reliable than the shooter, trust me!

damn you and your mixed reviews!! LOL

I want a rifle thats going to last a very long time and be reliable - its going to be a hunting rifle mainly, i dont do any hft or ft yet.

so i guess its going to have to be the HW100.

Have a look at my 14 shot grouping at 30 metres, done yesterday...

DSC00361.jpg

Moved the scope to get better eye relief, first was up and left, second I over corrected, down and right, the other 12, well you can see, that was more shooter than lack of accuracy on the gun's part!

Edited by secretagentmole

average groupings for an average gun........

Lol good shooting mate :D

Is it the Karbine or standard model you have mr mole?

Oh and btw how does your wifes Scorpion SE compare to the HW?

I was watching Zinis vid the other day and boy that thing is accurate - good price too!

Edited by Tom21

The Scorpion seems to be as accurate as the 100, but I do not have the proof that I have with the 100! It is a superb gun and the SE is much better than the standard one, if you do not mind a drive and can get over to this side of Birmingham, John Knibbs are selling SE Scorpions for £490!

Mine is the standard length 100! By the way if you buy a secondhand 100 and it does not have an instruction manual, Hull Cartridge will send one out to you FOC!

Dont forget we are talking about the new r10 mark 2 here not the mark 1.

Too many people talking about old reviews of the mark 1 which did have problems and forgetting that the mark 2 is now out.

These rifles are all accurate (better than the shooter) and one man could make a HW95K look more accurate than a Airwolf if he could shoot properly and took into account all the marksmanship principles where the Airwolf shooter didnt.

I see it every time i go down to Swindon at HFT. Blokes turn up with £1500 + target rifles only to be beat by one of us from the HLF with a £500 hunting based rifle.

Si

Dont buy the R10 [bANNED TEXT] just a rebadged gamo if it must be bsa go for super 10. had a R10 it spent more time at bsa than at my home in the end had to strip and rebuild myself good gun now thou?. JB blueprint i call that returnes myself should work out of the box ,why are 177 regs set at 55 bar of pressure way to low .I have had my super10 15 yrs never had a problem last of bsa super guns come on bsa get your act together . so to recap go for super10 or rapid 7 mk1 you wont regret it proven guns that carnt be matched

Nice first post buddy :thumbs: .

Welcome to the section :thumbs:

"so to recap go for super10 or rapid 7 mk1 you wont regret it proven guns that carnt be matched"

So what are you trying to say here Sam? If you buy a BSA S10 or a Rapid mark 1 no other gun will be able to match it? :hmm:

For what

Looks, quality, accuracy, balance, price, weight or consistency?

I can see what you are saying to a degree buddy but that was a very big statement you have made and i agree with the bullet proof quality of the Rapid and the reliability of the S10 in regards to the r10, but the rest in my list i would have to question.

All good PCPs these days when they are in full working order will out shoot the owner.

Si

Edited by zini