killing hares

So what do you do with any mixi rabbit, fox, rat, mink etc. Why get your dogs/car taken for sake of a hare may as well stick it out of the way for a fox to eat.

And who eats mixi rabbit, fox, rats or mink like?.... :icon_eek: I like taking the gun and going shooting pigeons, if someone told me tomorrow that pigeons could not be eaten anymore then i wouldn't go and shoot them for the fun off it. If your running hares just to watch your dog run and kill then maybe you should take up another past-time and leave the hares to folk that respect them and will use them.

• Like 4

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hear wat your saying pal but its just not in me to kill something then leave it dumped in field never have never will, if your guna jst dump it dont run it

Thats not the point i was getting at. Anybody willing to through them in the ditch at the end of the night should empty there kennels and do the world a favour. Cant believe i'm reading such replies o

not everyone that leaves the catch in the feild wants to . but this goverment and its laws has made it so some people have no choice . example you have been running dogs all your life and they are a w

So what do you do with any mixi rabbit, fox, rat, mink etc. Why get your dogs/car taken for sake of a hare may as well stick it out of the way for a fox to eat.

or a better idea would be to leave them them alone if you dont have a use for them,leave them to be hunted by someone with a bit more compassion and respect for what he hunts.

Why? I enjoy working dogs, all the farms I go on the farmers would just shoot, gas or trap and either bury them or sling them in a ditch so it makes no odds.

or a better idea would be to leave them them alone if you dont have a use for them,leave them to be hunted by someone with a bit more compassion and respect for what he hunts.

Why? I enjoy working dogs, all the farms I go on the farmers would just shoot, gas or trap and either bury them or sling them in a ditch so it makes no odds.

makes no odds to you,of that you have been clear.also just cause someone else does something,does not make it right for you to do it.however ive said my bit,im pretty sure you will carry on regardless of what has been said here

• Like 1

And who eats mixi rabbit, fox, rats or mink like?.... :icon_eek: I like taking the gun and going shooting pigeons, if someone told me tomorrow that pigeons could not be eaten anymore then i wouldn't go and shoot them for the fun off it. If your running hares just to watch your dog run and kill then maybe you should take up another past-time and leave the hares to folk that respect them and will use them.

Look have been running dogs for years, use to go and watch greyhounds run with hundreds of other people, why do you think they went to watch dogs run or in the hope of having hare for tea?

Look have been running dogs for years, use to go and watch greyhounds run with hundreds of other people, why do you think they went to watch dogs run or in the hope of having hare for tea?

And how many hares did you see die and the race track then?.......... :hmm: Thats worse then if you've been running dogs for years, i was hoping you were 15 and would learn...obviously not!!

makes no odds to you,of that you have been clear.also just cause someone else does something,does not make it right for you to do it.however ive said my bit,im pretty sure you will carry on regardless of what has been said here

So when you have set up for the pigeons you shoot 1 may be 2 and go home or do try and shoot as many as you can?

And how many hares did you see die and the race track then?.......... :hmm: Thats worse then if you've been running dogs for years, i was hoping you were 15 and would learn...obviously not!!

Coursing pre ban not track.

So when you have set up for the pigeons you shoot 1 may be 2 and go home or do try and shoot as many as you can?

If thats ment for me then thats exactly what i would do......shoot what i need, fill the freezer. It certainly wouldn't cross my mind to leave them lying or throw them in a ditch, f*****g disgusting that.

• Like 1

I'd have imagined people were testing there dogs and having a gamble. Are you trying to tell me any hares that got caught that day were left in the field?...i dont believe you!!

I'd have imagined people were testing there dogs and having a gamble. Are you trying to tell me any hares that got caught that day were left in the field?...i dont believe you!!

the only thing i lefty at a race track dead was my heart lol

No they never left them, but the point is people were only there to watch dogs run hares for sport. If they had dug a hole at the end of the day and buried any that had been caught no one would have been bothered. Thats way people still run hares to test their dogs not eat any they catch. I take by saying to fill the freezer you mean shoot as many as you can? not that you will admit it.

Edited by Plong

No they never left, but the point is people were only there to watch dogs run hares for sport. If they had dug a hole at the end of the day and buried any that had been caught no one would have been bothered. Thats way people still run hares to test their dogs not eat any they catch.

I appreciate that running the dog is main factor and yes if you were hunting for your dinner then you'd be better of getting a gun but i'd rather give up than throw them in a ditch. We have different views on respect i suppose.

the only thing i lefty at a race track dead was my heart lol

:laugh: ..................my Dads the same... :cray:

and folks wonder why there's so many anti's just try justifying running a dog on a hare and then dumping it in a hedge

just waiting for the next 2 threads "where's all the hares gone" and "Whens the ban getting lifted"

• Like 2

not everyone that leaves the catch in the feild wants to . but this goverment and its laws has made it so some people have no choice . example you have been running dogs all your life and they are a way of life for you .and all you think of every day even when your in work.to run your dog on your chosen quarry its a 7 or 8 hour round trip to run them. now answer me do you pack the dogs in because its to dangerous to bring the quarry home or do you still go out for a run . easy to say on a computer you would pack the dogs in rather than leave them but a damn site harder thing to do when its a way of life to you . it doesnt make it right or proper but some people have had the situation forced on them .

• Like 4