college courses for adults

I hope not mate as I'm older than you and I've just started last month ! What I did find out last week thou is you can't finish the course until you do your last year as an apprentice ? Not an easy task unless you know a plumber ? A few of my mates are but trying to find one that will take an apprentice on is hard to come by ?

I hope not mate as I'm older than you and I've just started last month ! What I did find out last week thou is you can't finish the course until you do your last year as an apprentice ? Not an easy task unless you know a plumber ? A few of my mates are but trying to find one that will take an apprentice on is hard to come by ?

one of my best mates is a plumber so i think i would\should be ok on that score :thumbs:

I went to get all my code's for welding at 27 was only ever coded in mig n stick went and got the lot,stick/mig/tig in ally/ss..flux core best month and a bit of my life!

picked up a lot of trick and more skills their even tho i had being at the game since i was 13,never too old to learn something.. being offerd jobs all over the world because of the contacts i met their,2 years down the line the lads i met still ring me up when ever they are on a good job!!

all i would say is if you do , do it just make sure you do your job well and as fast as you can, alot of landlords i've done work for just want it done their and then and done right and as fast as posible!

one of my best mates is a plumber so i think i would\should be ok on that score :thumbs:

Maybe you should have a word with him before you start the course and see if he would be willing to take you on for a year. That would be something to work towards and a difficult part of the course taken care off... :thumbs:

skill for train are scamming cu*ts

What about train4trade skills?One of my mates actually had a rep visit his house last week,the guy/salesman was there for over an hour chatting to him and his son,the kids 18 and wants to do a spark course,Train4trade have offered him a "Full scope electrician QCF" course for just over 4k.

I agree with Lab as most folk don't want colleges looking into there business and calling in when there on jobs? If your mate will take you on then you will save a year of college. I'm abit pissed off really as I've only just found out that I can't pass without an apprenticeship ? Something that should of been explained before I started I would of thought ? Oh well ?

I agree with Lab as most folk don't want colleges looking into there business and calling in when there on jobs? If your mate will take you on then you will save a year of college. I'm abit pissed off really as I've only just found out that I can't pass without an apprenticeship ? Something that should of been explained before I started I would of thought ? Oh well ?

yeah i agree with that mate, did you ever consider a fast track course "become a fully qualified plumber in 8 weeks" sort of thing?

I have yeh but I hear bad tales about them. My mates just paid 5 Grand for one but something as skilled as plumbing is there such thing as fast track ? You have to be a plumber before you can work with gas, it's just hard work. I just want to work with gas but going through proper channels takes 5 years ? Have a word with your mate as that is the best way forward !

Atb with it !

I have yeh but I hear bad tales about them. My mates just paid 5 Grand for one but something as skilled as plumbing is there such thing as fast track ? You have to be a plumber before you can work with gas, it's just hard work. I just want to work with gas but going through proper channels takes 5 years ? Have a word with your mate as that is the best way forward !

Atb with it !

cheers mate :thumbs: