1st Mink Taken With Terrier

The boy and I were out with his pup and my dog recently, the dog checked a couple of setts and then found one he liked the smell of entered worked for abit to get it pinned down...The dog is not much for baying unless he cant reach it so when he started baying I started to dig...When I broke through (very shallow) and had a small hole about the size of a apple somthing brown with beady eyes poked its face out the hole...I blocked the get away with the shovel and the dog was able to get ahold of it and finish it...The hardest part about the whole outing was getting it out after the dog killed it with all the roots that had to be cut, and not being able to reach it...

1stmink9-24-2011.jpg

1stmink2.jpg

1stmink3.jpg

• Like 1

nice one pal

they a good test for a dog?

Test ?? No, once my dog got ahold of it was over real quick...I give hime credit for catching it under ground in a series of conected beaver dens...I would think something like that would be pretty agile and fairly difficult to get pinned down...That is the first one we have came across and I dont know much about them other than they smell bad and like to kill chickens...