A look out with the youngun

Nice bit of wind and a drop of rain last night ,so decided to take the young dog out and have a look on some new ground only got this week,most of the ground had recently been rolled so a lot of the rabbits were sitting tight to the hedges,the ones that were out i was running him on and he was doing doing quite well only missing 2 in the first 8 runs.The next rabbit he caught,as he was bringing it back he was flicking his back leg about,i thought where it was getting sticky out there it had just clogged up between his toes and pads but when i looked there was a bit of twig straight through between his toes :blink: i pulled it out ,he didnt murmer and he wasn,t hampered in any way so we carried on.Picked up a couple more rabbits and then the rain started really coming down so headed back and called it a night.Soaked through to the skin slipped over twice,looked like i had been mud wrestling ...12 rabbits and a rat that was unlucky enough to walk straight in front of the dog :D.... love it

Excellent result is that,good work fella.How old is the young dog and how many times has he been out? ATB Andy. :thumbs:

He,s coming up 16 months,took him out a few times on the lamp but only giving him about 10 runs a night,he,s catching a lot better now so i,ll be trying to put a bit more in front of him :thumbs:

good stuff torchy getting him fit,

He,ll be getting a lot fitter now his sires injured,i think i,ll have to sort myself out aswell before coming down to you,you must be half mountain goat mate :thumbs:

some folk think ive eaten half a mountian goat,

Guest born to run1083

we went out not last night but night before nailed 6 rabs in no time at all then rain dropped and stopped with the wind as well and went light so we headed home, much prefer rain then no weather lol