Same sex litter

Had a litter of russels years ago that had seven dogs.All I was looking out of the litter was a bitch.

Isn't that the way of things? Had you been looking for a dog, you'd have had all bitches. Bred my old American bulldog because I wanted a pup before he died.The bitch had 3 pups. I promised one to a 6 year old boy. One died.. one was stone deaf... So I gave the last one to the boy as promised and I got nothing.

Had two litters this year. 9 pups in all only one male. I was breeding to get a bitch and damned if I didn't get bitches. I have heard it depends on when you put the male over the bitch. You get more bitches if you breed early in the heat and then leave her without a breeding the rest of the time. Supposedly the x chromosomed sperm out live the y. So when you breed a bitch before the eggs have actually dropped and are ready for fertilizing the y-chromosome sperm die off and all that's left is x-chromosomes when fertilizing happens. May be a wives' tale but it worked when I did it.

Had two litters this year. 9 pups in all only one male. I was breeding to get a bitch and damned if I didn't get bitches. I have heard it depends on when you put the male over the bitch. You get more bitches if you breed early in the heat and then leave her without a breeding the rest of the time. Supposedly the x chromosomed sperm out live the y. So when you breed a bitch before the eggs have actually dropped and are ready for fertilizing the y-chromosome sperm die off and all that's left is x-chromosomes when fertilizing happens. May be a wives' tale but it worked when I did it.

no heard it before my bitch last year had 3 pups all bitches. the dog i had at the time i just left him in the pen with her and he mated with her twice a day for 7 days that i had seen. once the bitch is covered once job is done. once a dog ties to the bitch the first time job done most men will go another1 or more times just to make sure. danny

Edited by danny300