AUTUMN SHOW AT EAST OF ENGLAND SHOWGROUND

The racing over ran unfortunately, late start filling the first card for the sim and it needed to be done before the rest of the days showing began.

I think all judges on the day did a really good job and chose cracking dogs. Some usual complaints and sore losers, but hey ho!

The racing didn't overrun - we filled the cards for the simo quickly and got started nice and early. For some reason it was arranged for the judging of the championship to run simultaneously with the racing - a time issue I guess.

Corrected.

Was just repeating what told when someone asked why it was happening like that.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some pictures of peterborough weekend.   https://picasaweb.google.com/111192008996311547239/Peterborough#

Thanks Penny,The points sheets will be back next year and also I now have extra help.Hope your book sold well at Peterborough.

i was happy, i had a good day, i know solos in fit conditions, and was proud of my young black bitch winning the open show, thank you

i personally would like to see the organisers of the show and by show i dont mean the lurcher or terrier side of it but the actual show itself get more countryside and feildsports trade stands there which i believe would make it a much bigger show allround . and stallholders are definately missing a great oppurtunity not being at this show with it being one of the last before christmas.as i spoke to quite a few who were going to stock up on christmas presents but didnt get the chance to because there was hardly anything there to buy other than cheap market tack.

i personally would like to see the organisers of the show and by show i dont mean the lurcher or terrier side of it but the actual show itself get more countryside and feildsports trade stands there which i believe would make it a much bigger show allround . and stallholders are definately missing a great oppurtunity not being at this show with it being one of the last before christmas.as i spoke to quite a few who were going to stock up on christmas presents but didnt get the chance to because there was hardly anything there to buy other than cheap market tack.

your spot on with what your saying mate very dissapointing :thumbs:

your spot on with what your saying mate very dissapointing :thumbs:

You didn't want a pink doll with your name on it then?

I completely agree, and the EofE organisers are very strict about what they will allow inside the fenced area set aside for the Lurchers. It would be good if they encouraged more Country sports stalls, there were very few stalls that even sold decent boots this year.

These people run the show:

http://www.eastofengland.org.uk/index.htm

Why not email them?

I have already emailed them: if enough people get in touch and complain they will be more likely to try and attract field sports type stalls. However, the reason there might not be anything like that is because the field sports companies have found it not worth their while to attend this show: its not a game or country fair after all.

Maybe if they had more stuff for gun dogs etc things might change.

nice to meet you there watchman . there were quite a few of us of here there on the day.

and you lads as well :thumbs: ,as for the turn out for the lurchers i didnt think it was to bad like i said prob best one i been to this year so the lack of stalls was a bit secondary although obviously nice to have the option of a browse around,its like anything the day really is what you make it i suppose,i also managed to squeeze a few doughnuts out of the bigger lads thanks for sharing :laugh::victory:

Edited by watchman

agree with skycat that the show is a bit of a on off compared to others but the lurcher part is for a great cause and the more people through the gate the more money for lurcherlink hopefully. and with more country type stalls it would just make the day that little bit better for everyone. but hopefully mainly lurcherlink who lets not forget do a brilliant job all year round not just on this one day of the year .