dont know what every one else thought but i go to selkirk every year and there is five times more dogs there this year it was a total waste of time dont know the reason but every one seemed to be driving of before the show even finsihed alot of people seemed be keeping there dogs in the cars not even puting them in the terrier ring just refusing dont know what was going on there hope its better next year

I thought the show was good. My dogs were in the car for most because the pups fcuked her leg and when I entered the lab x in a class I got abuse off a lady saying she should o been in with the labs even though she's a cross! so I seen my arse and f****d off out of the class.

There was a lot of dogs there and it did take ages to judge some classes which after 15 minutes of being stood there in the ring was like watching paint dry.

But surely you can't knock a show for there being too many dogs? It was a really good turnout and well ran. I think people were leaving early because it was getting late. People have kids and other commitments so once it hits tea time + the drive home it gets late. I left before the lure racing ended and didnt get home until 7. Good day though And a good turnout

dont know what every one else thought but i go to selkirk every year and there is five times more dogs there this year it was a total waste of time dont know the reason but every one seemed to be driving of before the show even finsihed alot of people seemed be keeping there dogs in the cars not even puting them in the terrier ring just refusing dont know what was going on there hope its better next year

people get sick of the same shite winning all the time a mean a proper working terrier hasnt got much chance against a powder puffed lakey,russell or border so why bother putting them in the same ring there are some shows usually the smaller ones that a digging terrier will get a chance

thers 3 things of the day that i was dissapointed with and that was when the lure coursing was on the littel kids running up and down putting the dogs off.the amount of litter/beerbottels and glasses left lyinh around when there was plenty of bins provided also i thought it was ment to be a (working dog show) there were a few big show ponies there and they were all perfect surely if they wanted to take it all seriousthey can go to other dog shows and not (working dog shows) ?

the show ponies will always turn up at shows ask a few out come winter and there dogs are always ill thats why i gave up on the shows as it is always show ponies that win should class it as a working type show and then have one for the real workers but the real workers dont need a 2 bob rossette to make them look good they get there rewards in the field were most of the others would shit them selfs from

people get sick of the same shite winning all the time a mean a proper working terrier hasnt got much chance against a powder puffed lakey,russell or border so why bother putting them in the same ring there are some shows usually the smaller ones that a digging terrier will get a chance

What is a 'proper working terrier'?.

I have seen as many black dogs, if not more, spew than any of the afore mentioned.

FTB

If they don't put their dogs in the ring they can't win can they,- working or not.

Why go then. ?

All show organisers, "just can't win" can they, however they do it.

cheers gin , as you know it's impossible to keep everyone happy , but if thats all they have to moan about simple answer -----DONT COME, we try really hard to please everybody , i think they should try running a show

If they don't put their dogs in the ring they can't win can they,- working or not.

Why go then. ?

cheers gin , as you know it's impossible to keep everyone happy , but if thats all they have to moan about simple answer -----DONT COME, we try really hard to please everybody , i think they should try running a show

I came up from Northumberland and I had a good day as did the family,so well done

Why go then. ?

I came up from Northumberland and I had a good day as did the family,so well done

cheers , thats the good point in running a show , good comments from real decent people like yourselves , thanks again ----den

What is a 'proper working terrier'?.

I have seen as many black dogs, if not more, spew than any of the afore mentioned.

FTB

ave seen my fair share to mate the dog worlds a small world we all no who does what with them ave been into the game long enough to know the dogs that are cleaning up at the shows have seen nothing there owners are paying funny money for them the average joe off the street that does abit couldnt afford one so what chances do they have way a crossbred vs show lakeys etc none thats why numbers are going down each year at them.

Two particular shows i'm think of,- one show a Border Terrier won its class,- and all the usual shouts of its never seen a days work. I knew the owner and i knew that dog worked regular.

Another show a lurcher, and again calls of show pony,- i know that owner very well, and for irs size that dog really has done it all.

There are a lot of folk on this site making themselves look very stupid, and a bit thick.

• Like 1