Shows change peoples characters

Probably gonna get shot down for this,,

Was reading through some off the show topics here and elsewhere ;)

From someone that used to show terriers and help run a few terrier shows for years, why can people just relax and have a good day out, with people that are interested in the same sport.

Yeah majority off people take dogs with them that they think will get something and it is a bit disappointing when they get punted :blink:

Shows should be fun and fill in the summer days till most start going out again and a way off getting to know others and have a bit of a crack, not threats and fights. Most topics state never going back again waste off money and time, but they go back the next year and the same posts go up again. ;)

I think what gets on folks tits is when the show is called " xxx working terrier / lurcher" show and then a dog that has obviously NEVER seen a days work in it's life wins it, and the judges are obviously not looking at the dog with a working eye.

I know it should be a bit of fun, and i think it would be if you went to a show and it was just working lads, giving their dogs a different day out.

But i've been to a couple (never take a dog) and seem some very desperate folk, turn up with a ton of dogs, none of whom have ever done a days work, entered one category with 4 family members all holding a different dog etc etc etc

It just becomes a piss take.

• Like 1

I think what gets on folks tits is when the show is called " xxx working terrier / lurcher" show and then a dog that has obviously NEVER seen a days work in it's life wins it, and the judges are obviously not looking at the dog with a working eye.

I know it should be a bit of fun, and i think it would be if you went to a show and it was just working lads, giving their dogs a different day out.

But i've been to a couple (never take a dog) and seem some very desperate folk, turn up with a ton of dogs, none of whom have ever done a days work, entered one category with 4 family members all holding a different dog etc etc etc

ive seen that when i used to attend the odd show dont understand what they get from winning a rosette from a working dog show

I went to a show back end of the summer, loads of dogs on show, 15 in the overs, same in other classes. The working Lurcher class was one of the last to be judged, most of the show dog lads/lasses had left by then. Only 7 dogs in the class......................and i still came nowhere. :icon_redface::laugh: