Net Making..

Col_c88

Decided since im on the sick STILL!!! I would do something creative whilest im not in the shed with the ferrets... so ordered a net making kit from agouti nets..

Im assuming EVERYTHING I need comes with this.

Just wanted to know any tips and sizes etc. and any problems i should expect.

looking forward to hopefully making nets worthy of taking out in the field :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks max.. its the satisfaction of catching rabbits in my own nets im looking forward to... and Paulus you lost me mate

Thanks.. ive sussed it now im up to my 8th row, taking a break after every row cos ive got baby room to sort out,,misses to help, stray ferret to stop being bullied ...decided to try with the real stu

15 wide and 21 long for me mate at 2.25" on the board. take it slow and make sure you get it right. try practicing with some old twine first till you get the knot correct pratice tying on a ring at both ends there are some good videos on agouti site but there are some others on youtube one in particular using bright green thread very good video and easy to see whats going on. atb

There should be everything you need to start net making in agouti's kit you will make a few fu*k ups to start with but keep at it and it all clicks into place you get a great self satisfaction when you catch rabbits in purse/long nets you made yourself

I make all our nets 18 meshes wide by 4ft long a lot of net makers use 3ft 6inch it's personal prefrence

GOOD LUCK with it mate

15 wide and 21 long for me mate at 2.25" on the board. take it slow and make sure you get it right. try practicing with some old twine first till you get the knot correct pratice tying on a ring at both ends there are some good videos on agouti site but there are some others on youtube one in particular using bright green thread very good video and easy to see whats going on. atb

Col get yourself some garden twine cheap as chips no good for nets but great to practise on until you get the hang of the knots

Y.I.S Leeview

there are a couple of ways of making rabbit nets :laugh: the tradition way, say 15 meshes wide by 21 meshes long, and there is the another one were you increase meshes and then decrease meshes. practice on some cheap garden twine from wilkinsons :laugh:

Thanks mate ill do that.. just like the cheap £1 stuff from maxwells or something... good idea cheers :)

Yes that will do you or wait until they're doing 2 for 1 :D take your time its not a race if it takes all morning it wont be waisted you'll be learning all the time

Y.I.S Leeview