Bullet Comparator

yes it will let you see the bullets to the ogive. it will make your rounds more consistent if doing this. as you know measuring to the tip of the bullets doesn't give you a proper reading of your rounds as bullet tips in some brands can be a lot different. i checked some 20 vmax the other day for my 17 cf. and there was 3 to 5 tho difference in them.

yes it will let you see the bullets to the ogive. it will make your rounds more consistent if doing this. as you know measuring to the tip of the bullets doesn't give you a proper reading of your rounds as bullet tips in some brands can be a lot different. i checked some 20 vmax the other day for my 17 cf. and there was 3 to 5 tho difference in them.

What action do you normally take jamie when theres a large variation in the heads or depth..

So its a lot more accurate than just using the vernier... I looked on the net, but only seen the hornaday comparators available..Cheers lads :thumbs:

its gives a true reading of a measure of length ian, as when checking with vernier to the tip the ballistic tip may tend to be a little longer or shorter

hence throwing of the overall measurement,

the base to ogive will give a consistant reading of length, and you can then test the length after production, if not using a comeptition die,

and batch by length, this will give you an extra edge on accuracy also...

What action do you normally take jamie when theres a large variation in the heads or depth..

these 20 vmax im loading for my 17 fb are shocking if going to the tip. they are all different lengths. but as long as the ogive measurement are around the same i wouldnt worry to much.

for vermin and fox i dont think your tell much difference ian.

Edited by jamie g