.243 Whats your preference??...

Got a .243 WSSM Winchester model 70 Stealth II with heavy barrel synthetic stock. It has wildcat predator 12 moderator and a Bushnell elite but now just changed for a Burris eliminator scope. Nice but a heavy gun all works well shoots great. If you sight up on your target its dead hardly ever miss never get a runner. Makes plenty of mess on foxes :thumbs:

Got a .243 WSSM Winchester model 70 Stealth II with heavy barrel synthetic stock. It has wildcat predator 12 moderator and a Bushnell elite but now just changed for a Burris eliminator scope. Nice but a heavy gun all works well shoots great. If you sight up on your target its dead hardly ever miss never get a runner. Makes plenty of mess on foxes :thumbs:

Just out of interest what do you make of the bushnell scopes for the money??

As the title says whats your prefernce of .243? whats your choice of Scope and Mod to go with it?

looking at a Howa 1500 synth stock and stainless barrel.. opinions

(no idiotic comments just usefull info)

I use a Howa 1500, stainless, with synthetic stock, fitted fith a Meopta Artemis 2100 3-12x50 I.R scope, and Wildcat Predator 8 mod. I use 80gr psp factory ammo on both Foxes and Roe. I think it's a brilliant set up :thumbs: .

Edited by kenny14

As the title says whats your prefernce of .243? whats your choice of Scope and Mod to go with it?

looking at a Howa 1500 synth stock and stainless barrel.. opinions

(no idiotic comments just usefull info)

I use a Howa 1500, stainless, with synthetic stock, fitted fith a Meopta Artemis 2100 3-12x50 I.R scope, and Wildcat Predator 8 mod. I use 80gr psp factory ammo on both Foxes and Roe. I think it's a brilliant set up :thumbs: .

Ahh sorted thats just the set up and use i am going for... as i said in an earlier post do you not rate ziess or leupold?(to a differnt member )

if not why?

Wildcat P8 mod and meopta 7x50 atremis scope

would you not rate a ziess or leupold for that sort of money though? get a very nice secondhand one for that price.

The Meopta is shit hot,, a superb scope, and I bought it secondhand for 200 quid !!!! hawke money,, and believe me it performs,, you would have to spend a lot of cash to find much better .

Wildcat P8 mod and meopta 7x50 atremis scope

would you not rate a ziess or leupold for that sort of money though? get a very nice secondhand one for that price.

The Meopta is shit hot,, a superb scope, and I bought it secondhand for 200 quid !!!! hawke money,, and believe me it performs,, you would have to spend a lot of cash to find much better .

Bought mine new several years ago, and looked at many different makes before eventually deciding on the Meopta, as the image quality and build was equal to or better than any other within my budget.

The reticule on mine is cross hairs but with thick posts at the outside, and thin cross in the centre with a dot which can be illuminated at different brightness levels.

Thanks for the advice so far guys! gonna have to continue the research! lol

keep it coming!

That's the best thing to do. Spend time now finding which rifle (and mod) feels best for you, and which scope you think will suit your type of shooting. If possible also try out some mates set ups. That way when you buy, it'll be only the once!