mad fox snare

You should try something like this, it's a killpole. Fox get's caught, wraps around the pole and dies.

hansenkillpole.jpg

Here's and Amburg lock with a 50 pound choke spring. 13 foot snare, they get caught and make a run. Onced choked down the spring keeps the pressure on.

CIMG0479.jpg

Basic snare, you guys don't load your snares??

snare.jpg

Here it is with a 12 foot lead.

snare4.jpg

these can be set in seconds with a good support. I like vinyl tube on the snare and then bang your done and down the road. If you have all your spots mapped out a guy could put in 150-200 in a day.

CIMG1119.jpg

Im from Australia so do not qoute me on this, But im sure locks are illeagle on Snares in the UK, Deltor using shoe lace on a fox snare is asking for trouble.

Get yourself some decent snaring equiptment and get a couple of DVD's and learn how to do it properly

Guest Ditch_Shitter
Locks are illegal on Snares in the UK ...

Get yourself some decent snaring equiptment and get a couple of DVD's and learn how to do it properly

Spot on, Mitch. Always a good sign, I think, when a man's so into his subject that he can't help but pick up bits from other countries laws too :good:

Deltor; Forgive me if this has been asked ~ and answered ~ before. But; How old are you, mate? 14/15?

Am I far wrong? :hmm:

NIGHT RUNNER ,

SOME GOOD IMFORMATION THERE MATE ,

OLD SNAREMAN ON HERES BEEN FORGEING THE WAY AHEAD WITH TRAPPING IN THIS COUNTRY FOR YEARS ........ SHAME THAT MANY DONT SEE FIT TO GIVE CREDIT WHERE THE CREDITS DUE :yes:

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING ;)

You should try something like this, it's a killpole. Fox get's caught, wraps around the pole and dies.

hansenkillpole.jpg

Basic snare, you guys don't load your snares??

snare.jpg

we have used killing poles over here for years but they are now illegal so thats the end of that as for loading our snares well those of us who do a bit load them as these pics will show

FOX048.jpg

ferretingslaggyford001.jpg

fox016.jpg

100_0249.jpg

100_0248Small.jpg

snares013.jpg

as you know loading the wire makes the snare fire faster and opens the loop out allowing a larger catch area and we even wax the first inch or two to make them close as soon as they are hit ;):yes: every ones not that green ;):laugh:

Edited by woodga

fox016.jpg

if you ask me mate that fox looks like its been dead there for some time.shouldnt you check them daily? tell me if im wrong though. sambo

are you for real :no:

thats a vixen that is heavy with milk the cubs have been at her and her condition was a bit manky apart from that it was pissing down with rain :yes: and the snares we set are checked daily, as they should be :yes: night runner free running eyes are legal those washer locks are ok as long as the dont lock up ;)

Deltor, you are f*****g unbelevable, You clearly dont have a f*****g clue about snaring foxes (neither do I- Hence why I dont do it)

To be honest, people ask how old you are, But it really dosent matter as you would make a f*****g 10 year old look mature.

You come out with more shit than a cow with diarrhoea, start talking some sense or f**k off :big_boss:

H&J :)

Guest gypo joe
Deltor, you are f*****g unbelevable, You clearly dont have a f*****g clue about snaring foxes (neither do I- Hence why I dont do it)

To be honest, people ask how old you are, But it really dosent matter as you would make a f*****g 10 year old look mature.

You come out with more shit than a cow with diarrhoea, start talking some sense or f**k off :big_boss:

H&J :)

Spot on H&J i think he is a f*****g imbecile putting up a post like that

as for buying it in his local shop :hmm: the wire looks VERY short

as for using a boot lace i would hang you by the balls for that one :censored: