pellets

Guest houndblair

Guest houndblair

Me and mate shot a squirrel earlier took two to kill it, then my mate strung it up and took shot at it so it must have at least five pellets inside it, I removed 2 But cant find the others :( Would it still be ok as ferret food?

Me and mate shot a squirrel earlier took two to kill it, then my mate strung it up and took shot at it so it must have at least five pellets inside it, I removed 2 But cant find the others :( Would it still be ok as ferret food?

The pellets might have went right through it.

Lead is an accumulative poison so the more you feed them the greater the chances of liver/kidney failure, and because lead is a heavy metal it wont get flushed out by the bodies defenses.

i think you will find that lead accumulates in bird,s gizzard,s, the rest of us pass it out of our system along with all the other stuff that isn,t digested, if it stayed in the gut , i would be dead by now cos of all the shot game i eat,

just jumped up and down , didn,t rattle, phew , i must still be alive :D

Every ferret ive had picks air rifle pellets and probably most of the shotty pellets out, always find them when i'm cleaning them out and you can hear it when the metal dustpan scrapes on them. Sometimes the pellets are untouched and other times you can see where the stinkers chewed it and spat it out. I've seen a Rtty eat a pan of stew and pick out all the peas so theres no reason why a ferret with a smaller mouth can't differenciate between meat and metal.

No one else find this?

Gnipper