whats the best open sight rifle

Hi Mac.

You won't go at all wrong with the Weihrauch HW77 in whatever calibre you decide upon. I've been shooting spring piston air rifles with open sights and scopes alike for over 40 years and this rifle is the finest Spring piston underlever air rifle of them all.

Mine is .22cal. and the full length version.

It's absolutely phenominally accurate, consistent, beautifully well made and easy to maintain. The sights are rugged and stay precisely where you set them. The rear sight-block screw-clamps to the scoperails which are generous in length and that gives you the adjustable optimum eye relief position way, way better than any other open-sight system of fit I've ever come across. It feels as good in handling as a Mauser K98 military bolt action rifle and it hits whatever it's pointed at.

This is the one for you! :thumbs:

Give it a once-over, you'll love it!

Simon

Edited by pianoman

Howdy Mike.

Mac wants THE BEST OPEN SIGHT RIFLE.

HW77 is the best of the best.

BSA Supersport is a Spanish-built Gamo now alas. Not a bad rifle really mate, but, their spring rifles aren't a patch on what they used to be when they were an independant British gunmaker.

I know, but Simon mine is at least a Brummie made one! Not saying it was the best (I know they are not by a long chalk, but BSA Birmingham built rifles seem to understand Mole), but open sight rifles can be a lot of fun and I am enjoying shooting Sid sans scope whilst I try to remember to buy a set of mounts!

Edited by secretagentmole

Howdy Mike.

Mac wants THE BEST OPEN SIGHT RIFLE.

HW77 is the best of the best.

BSA Supersport is a Spanish-built Gamo now alas. Not a bad rifle really mate, but, their spring rifles aren't a patch on what they used to be when they were an independant British gunmaker.

hi simon im going for the hw77 as all the hw range are the best by far iv got some money coming over the next few weeks and im going to treat my self thanks,atb mac