Quick question

So you've only just got ferrets and you're already on about breeding them.

Is it me or is anyone else fed up of people saying or asking about breeding ferrets.

Dont bother breeding them theres plenty of ferrets around, leave that to the experienced breeders.

Joe 14 ive had and worked ferrets for over 20 years so I'm not a novice it's just that I've just collected 2 from a different line and just wondered if it would be ok to breed that close to keep that line going, and if it was none of them would be sold just kept by myself and couple of close friends.

no.

could of possibly explained it a little fuller patterdalejoel,

Breeding silver to silver is a big NO NO can produce alsorts of deformities

Y.I.S Leeview

I thought joels answer was adequate, blunt but to the point.

Much in line with the kind of replys you usually give.

YIS moxy

Cannyboy - if you have had ferrets for 20 years, you should know that by the end of this coming season they won't have done enough to have 'made the grade' for breeding (assuming they are this years kits).

Cannyboy - if you have had ferrets for 20 years, you should know that by the end of this coming season they won't have done enough to have 'made the grade' for breeding (assuming they are this years kits).

no mate they have both had a seasons work behind them and both come from a strong working line but i just wanted to see them work for another season for myself before i even thought about breeding them and only then to keep the line going and to keep for myself or maybe couple of close friends but now it seems its not the the thing to do to breed half brother/sister so its not something im going to do now anyway. :thumbs:

no mate they have both had a seasons work behind them and both come from a strong working line but i just wanted to see them work for another season for myself before i even thought about breeding them and only then to keep the line going and to keep for myself or maybe couple of close friends but now it seems its not the the thing to do to breed half brother/sister so its not something im going to do now anyway. :thumbs:

Fair play.

For me half brother and sister AND silver would be a big no no.

In some situations i may well consider breeding half brother and sister.