Wolfhound/Greyhound x Pitbull Terrier. (I'm in Canada; dont kill me)

Wow!

Thanks so much for sharing your photos.

I love that dog.

Looks like a really powerful dog to me. Ever done weightpull with him? Even a small dirt-bike tire? If not I would love to see this dog after some pulling!

I am definitely doing this cross then now.

IF anyone has more pics keep them coming, some helpful lads on here.

Thanks again, atb.

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think what we have here is a naive person, who got a rescue dog from a pound or something, briefly read up about lurchers on wikipedia, then talked to a few local hunters about hunting in the locali

Here you go J.DOG, as I mentioned in the other thread - a pic of my pups dad, who has equal content - 50/50 wolfhound greyhound. He is one of the strongest dogs I have ever met, once saw him kill a c

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing your photos. I love that dog. Looks like a really powerful dog to me. Ever done weightpull with him? Even a small dirt-bike tire? If not I would love to see this dog

Posted Images

These type of dogs a common in Australia although we do not have the preditors here to test a dog like you do. when breeding sighthounds to bulldogs it is very important to be careful with selection of the pups you wish to keep, as you might be after longdog style of dogs but end up with hairy bulldogs. I run to bull terrier blooded staghounds though they are only about 1/8 th bulldog.. you might find you lose a few of these longdog /bulldog hybreds to dangerous game as they will be more inclined to attack the head end of their adversary where a straight longdog is more of a thinker and will take a less dangerous position. ( this is not always the case of cause.)

Wow!

Thanks so much for sharing your photos.

I love that dog.

Looks like a really powerful dog to me. Ever done weightpull with him? Even a small dirt-bike tire? If not I would love to see this dog after some pulling!

I am definitely doing this cross then now.

IF anyone has more pics keep them coming, some helpful lads on here.

Thanks again, atb.

thanks never done any pulling with him but he can pull when i,m on the peddel bike i can feel he power ,he is 28tts 85ibs it might be hard trying emulate this cross again so hopefully find a bitch with same type of breeding 2 keep the stamp of dog

For coyote and such you need speed. Check the dogs of some of the US members on here. Basically big *ss hairy greyhound/deerhound types. If you are serious about catching bigger game I would suggest to find a pup from working parents. When you are unlucky you might breed a litter of heavy and slow dogs that can not do the job you want them for.

People who catch pigs in forests need less speed. I don't think the aussies use big bull type dogs on their own often, you need a couple of quick agile dogs to stop the pig in heavy terrain and then big dogs come in to grab the pig.

L

i think dogs of that breeding would turn out like ned s pig dogs his has mastiff a well as bull terrier.

go on the big game shooting section of this forum and theres a thread of his.

edit to add it ,try reading this,

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/134764-boars-in-oz/

Edited by forest of dean redneck

I don't think the aussies use big bull type dogs on their own often

L

You'd be surprised mate, plenty of them do.

Best one dog I've ever seen one out was the white dog in this pic, admittedly he's not one out here :laugh:

post-32-0-27754200-1314178391.jpg

Bit of a better pic of him

post-32-0-19014100-1314178440.jpg

A son of his and his dam, on the left obviously

post-32-0-53272500-1314180047.jpg

I don't think the aussies use big bull type dogs on their own often

L

You'd be surprised mate, plenty of them do.

Best one dog I've ever seen one out was the white dog in this pic, admittedly he's not one out here :laugh:

post-32-0-27754200-1314178391.jpg

Bit of a better pic of him

post-32-0-19014100-1314178440.jpg

A son of his and his dam, on the left obviously

post-32-0-53272500-1314180047.jpg

smashing dogs them stabs ,which way the bull type dogs or they mastiff types ?

do you not think your putting the cart before the horse?

your dog hasnt proved itself at all yet.

and has the pitbull ever worked?

why not just buy a pup off working parents if you need one?

I am not interested in waiting for the dog to prove its self in that sense.

The pitbull is the decendent of a very famous dog called Eli, you can google him if your curious as to what hes like physically. She is papered to him etc.

This is a game-bred line, they are game or your money back and a free pup from the kennel I got it from.

As I said 2 times in the original post..these pups are not being bred yet as they are not even mature.. so I'm not putting anything before anything. I am asking for a physical image or point of reference. Which the useful lads before you have provided for the most part..

Also the wolfhound greyhound cross has both parents working, and I've been in the fields with my pup before - he is certainly game for the sport and thats all I need. Doesnt need to prove more to me.

The only thing my dogs need to prove to me is health and obedience. I will work with the rest (gameness, speed, stamina, etc).

smashing dogs them stabs ,which way the bull type dogs or they mastiff types ?

Bred by my best mate...no mastiff in them. The line through the sire is Wolfhound, Bull Terrier and pit. Dam is part Arab and there's some Stag in there too. Their owner is on here so he might chirp up if he sees this.