LAST DAY.

Guest Frank

Guest Frank

Took my whippet pup off out ferreting , as i decided yesterday would be me last day for ferreting, too many pregnant does about ect. :blink:

Had a nice steady morning, stayed till around 12 and just took the 5, lost 3, the pup still not a 100% clued in as to wear they will bolt, but im more then happy with her so far :drink: , time yet for all the stuff. ;)

She is starting to mark well and is holding the ones in the net for me till i get their and held one for me which i did not see, whilst i was untagling another. :clapper:

Most burrys were nice and open, but one was a nightmare with bushes ect tangling round me head, hat ect :blink::laugh:

Only 1 dig, after waiting half hour, the ferret had it at a dead end, scratched the back end off :o , as seen in one of the pics and my polecat jill licking her lips after her being dug out. :D

Bit by bit from now on and the summer is our oyster. :D

Frank.

Edited by Frank

season over for most , but here is the aspect of pest controll and get rid of them weather they have young or not or lose your permission as land owner will just find someone to do it , if your landowner wants rid you gotta get rid , ive leaving most areas alone at moment , but farmer i know off wants me to work it throught the year , wouldnt say its an ideal situation but it keeps me my permission i suppose ,

still good day for you frank . your whippet is coming on really well :victory:

Dale

found a nice little spot yestrday , nice & quiet, just got to find out who's land it is now & hopefully it will be ok to ferret in the Autumn, plenty of rabbits as well :)

Nice bag there Frank well done :D

Guest Frank

Thanks men. :)

Dale, i know exactly where your coming from :yes:

I too have a farmer or 2, that i have to keep happy and most likely do them if he asks me and i have a feeling he will.

Some wont do this i know of, they dont find killing youg rabbits fun, no do i, but, its simply pest control. ;)

Frank.

found a nice little spot yestrday , nice & quiet, just got to find out who's land it is now & hopefully it will be ok to ferret in the Autumn, plenty of rabbits as well :)

Nice bag there Frank well done :D

Thank you ferretlove. :drink:

Good luck with you new spot. :good:

Frank.

Guest Frank

Thanks Millet. :)

Its all a learning curve for her and will do a bit with her every so often, nothing too hard. ;)

Good to keep them keen me thinks, instead of throwing them in the deep end. :drink:

Frank.

Yes it's time to relax a bit, mind you had a good session on the woodies yesterday afternoon. That pup looks real nice Frank :clapper: Looking forward to potting a few half grown bunnies off with the airgun soon on those lovely long light nights when you can pot the odd one off and just watch the world go by ;)

Guest Frank

Cheers Folks. :victory::drink:

Philg, i love them evenings with the rimmy and winchester subs with mod :yes: , very relaxing and ferret food too. ;)

Same here fezz, plenty of time with me pup. :)

Frank.

Edited by Frank
Took my whippet pup off out ferreting , as i decided yesterday would be me last day for ferreting, too many pregnant does about ect. :blink:

Had a nice steady morning, stayed till around 12 and just took the 5, lost 3, the pup still not a 100% clued in as to wear they will bolt, but im more then happy with her so far :drink: , time yet for all the stuff. ;)

She is starting to mark well and is holding the ones in the net for me till i get their and held one for me which i did not see, whilst i was untagling another. :clapper:

Most burrys were nice and open, but one was a nightmare with bushes ect tangling round me head, hat ect :blink::laugh:

Only 1 dig, after waiting half hour, the ferret had it at a dead end, scratched the back end off :o , as seen in one of the pics and my polecat jill licking her lips after her being dug out. :D

Frank.

:clapper::o:o:o

Frank.

Guest Rabbiteer

Those pics look really great being out there alone with only your ferrets and a dog, the mobile switched off so the wife cant phone you.

I hope next season to be joining you in the same practice.

Well done to you sir!