Warning to eBay Users!

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:censored: Ok. I listed an item a few days ago and the Bay took it down. I reworded it and put it back. So far, so good. Here's the scam ~ DO read this one! It's not just to tell ye about " Phishing "!

I just got an e mail. The standard " Question about Item blah. "

Inside it was all cosher eBay. It even told me my real, full name ~ as they do ~ to Prove it was via eBay.

Message read: " Hullo, my name is Rudolph Walker. I just saw your listing and realised I'd seen it a couple of days ago. Take a look. (Live link to my item) "

I clicked the link, already knowing what the 'problem' was. To my distracted delight, up popped the msn box, asking if I'd like it to keep this Password for me. Saves bashing out seven or so keys each time, so of course I said yes.

Page opened and there it is: Page Removed. As it should've been. K?

I've just got back to my Mailer, thinking to thank Rudolph and briefly explain when in comes another 'Question from eBay member. Differand handle this time.

Open That up? Exact same f*cking message! First one from 'Brad 123' or something. This one from 'Johnn_Big07' and Both " My name is Rudolph Walker ..... " :icon_eek::censored:

You have NEVER seen me change my password TWICE IN SUCESSION so f*cking fast!!!! Of course, I sent them straight off to Spoof@ebay and shall await their findings.

My message to you peeps is: Watch out for 'Question to Seller' mails. Even if they Are typical eBay send ons and DO show ye Real, Full Name!

I still now expect angry letters from people; " Where's my high end Mobile Phone I bought off you?! " It's happened before without my touching any dodgy mails! :censored:

I recently got an email explaining that someone had attempted to gain access to my PayPal account for a large amount, from an International IP address. Being fairly wise to 'phishing' I went into Paypal.com from a different pane from the one I had open and found nothing untoward in my paypal account at all.

What the originator of the original mail had intended me to do was to follow the attached link to access paypal whereupon they would have had my PP address and password and quick as a flash, there goes your cash!

You have to be on your toes with the modern fraudster. Check every email carefully and add a phishing filter to your Explorer. ;)

OTC

Guest gypo joe

I HAVE SEEN SO MANY ATTEMPTS TO GET INTO MY EBAT ACCOUNT AND PAYPAL ITS UNREAL

ALL I DO IS DELETE EVERY MESSAGE I GET ;) ,THEN WHEN I SIGN ON TO MY EBAY OR PAYPAL ACCOUNTS

ANY MESSAGE THAT IS GENUINE WILL BE THERE IN YOUR MESSAGE BOX

ANY SPOOFS WILL NOT ,THE EXTREMES THESE c**ts GO TO IS UNBELIEVEABLE

AS YOU SAY DITCH THEY DO LOOK GENUINE

Bollocks to Pay pal :censored: A mate had all his cash taken and never got it back, e.bay stinks when it comes to this. :angry:

Frank.

You're dead right Frank Paypal is a nightmare! I have had probs in the past but nothing compared to a guy I spoke to up the school a while back who was having problems with PP. he was selling alot of stuff with over a Grand in his PP account! when he tried to transfer some of the funds into his Bank he couldn't get any out :icon_eek:, I'll ask him how he got on next time I see him but I think it had been pretty long term before he told me, just out of Interest anyone! is Paypal now owned by Ebay too?

i get spoof emails from so called paypal but i use a diffrent email for paypal so i just delete them dont even open them the spoof emails never have my user name just dear customer its the f--kin rag heads that are at it they should be put up against a wall :hunter:

Bollocks to Pay pal :censored: A mate had all his cash taken and never got it back, e.bay stinks when it comes to this. :angry:

Frank.

Ebay & Paypal both the biggest bunch of frauding robbing :censored: going

they both give any nigerian with a PC a run for there money ;)

not bigging them up but have a look at ebid ,at least they don't charge you for listing

:censored: Ok. I listed an item a few days ago and the Bay took it down. I reworded it and put it back. So far, so good. Here's the scam ~ DO read this one! It's not just to tell ye about " Phishing "!

I just got an e mail. The standard " Question about Item blah. "

Inside it was all cosher eBay. It even told me my real, full name ~ as they do ~ to Prove it was via eBay.

Message read: " Hullo, my name is Rudolph Walker. I just saw your listing and realised I'd seen it a couple of days ago. Take a look. (Live link to my item) "

I clicked the link, already knowing what the 'problem' was. To my distracted delight, up popped the msn box, asking if I'd like it to keep this Password for me. Saves bashing out seven or so keys each time, so of course I said yes.

Page opened and there it is: Page Removed. As it should've been. K?

I've just got back to my Mailer, thinking to thank Rudolph and briefly explain when in comes another 'Question from eBay member. Differand handle this time.

Open That up? Exact same f*cking message! First one from 'Brad 123' or something. This one from 'Johnn_Big07' and Both " My name is Rudolph Walker ..... " :icon_eek::censored:

You have NEVER seen me change my password TWICE IN SUCESSION so f*cking fast!!!! Of course, I sent them straight off to Spoof@ebay and shall await their findings.

My message to you peeps is: Watch out for 'Question to Seller' mails. Even if they Are typical eBay send ons and DO show ye Real, Full Name!

I still now expect angry letters from people; " Where's my high end Mobile Phone I bought off you?! " It's happened before without my touching any dodgy mails! :censored:

this rudolph chap gets about d/s. just been looking at bmw 650 daker on there, and he is on q/a[ DODGY TWXT!]

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Got a note today, Byron; From the bloke who's identity this prick's using. Said he was aware of what's going on and that matey's trying to nick his identity. Said I should report it to the Bay - which I've long since done, of course - but even he lammented that they're pretty shit at dealing with anything that isn't costing them a penny :censored:

Personally, I find their arrogance in treating us lot like shit quite staggering. But they have the monopoly now. It's ok if ye want to knock out some home spun purse nets at a given price - any and every auction site will do for that. But when ye offering high end goods to a select market? Even the buyers refuse to budge from focusing on the Bay.

We old trap enthusiasts are treated with overwhelming contempt by the Bay. But when I found a speciallist auction site, committed to giving Collectors a good time and put it to 'The Lads' ? Errrr .... No thankyou. We prefer to sit watching the Bay, even under a constand and torrential downpour of their piss and shit on us :rolleyes: What's the point?