WHEELER DOGS

This dog has got alot of wheeler in him mate but i dont work him like some of the guys in here do their dogs. He does his own thing really when out . He has killed rats, he has killed a fox in a drainage pipe .

But like they say, the breed is hard. Mine is a demon. you have to watch them. They will try it will anything. I am lucky with mine though as i managed to introduce him to other dogs as a pup so he dont cause any bother that way but anything else :icon_eek:

Stella he did kill them.

Cheers dig deep. He does work but not like yours works. He is more a bushing dog than anything else, he goes through the under growth and if he catches he catches. If i was to move back to the uk i may consider getting into earth work more. Maybe go out with someone with a bit of experience and learn the ropes.

I got a Wheeler pat, hes never gone to ground (things didnt work out as they should have ;)) only been worked on Rabbit and Rat. Hes a c*nt with other dogs always has been, Once slipped out the frount door and got his hands on a womans Golden Retriver, wasnt a good sight and the woman was far from pleased :no: Apart from other dogs hes been great, grumpy old b*****d now though lol. Hes around 12 now, will miss the bugger when he goes :cry:

Edited by Hob&Jill

this is not a dig but I have heard that although they usually have the minerals when it comes to serious earth work they can lack the substance to go with their work style.......By that I mean the bull blood can give the drive & hardness to an animal that physicaly cant take the knocks in general much over 2 seasons........Like I said this is a genuine post & if I'm wrong then fair enough but this is just what a few lads who I know have had this blood have told me............ ;)