m.o.t. money out time ...

Does ANYONE get in an out without ,having to dip into pocket ? blown bulb ;Fail !,Wiper worn down Fail ! and any other excuse they can Fail on ! What Happened to there's your Pass ,but get that fixed soon as ? No leaway Now ! :bad:

Also How is it The Truck never Runs the same after an Hour in their hands ?plus the price of the parts are dearer when they source them,out of the same place you can ? :censored:

If you can, get the MOT done a couple of weeks before it's due by an MOT only station, they've nothing to gain by trying to get extra work out of you, then source any parts yourself and any work you can't do yourself, a local mechanic will.

I'm lucky, one of my best mates is a tester so I get sympathetic treatment.....

Does ANYONE get in an out without ,having to dip into pocket ? blown bulb ;Fail !,Wiper worn down Fail ! and any other excuse they can Fail on ! What Happened to there's your Pass ,but get that fixed soon as ? No leaway Now ! :bad:

Also How is it The Truck never Runs the same after an Hour in their hands ?plus the price of the parts are dearer when they source them,out of the same place you can ? :censored:

bulb gone fail, wiper gone fail, you gonna winge about that, they are things that you can check yourself very easily and when someone brings a car in for testing with these sort of faults it says to me that they cant be bothered doing anything themselves and rely on the MOT test to say their car is good so if there is a fault found on your car just be grateful that someone has actually given it a good checkover, if you dont want a fail ticket try doing some maintainance before sending it for test, and if your still not happy just ask for an appeal form (be aware that this can sometimes cause the tester to crap themselves as a lot do take the piss, as a tester i will be a nightmare to deal with as i know a lot of things are `pass and advise`, and to all you people who look foreward to 2 year testing be advised, they will probably use european test standards, which are a hell of a lot tighter than used now

• Like 1

bulb gone fail, wiper gone fail, you gonna winge about that, they are things that you can check yourself very easily and when someone brings a car in for testing with these sort of faults it says to me that they cant be bothered doing anything themselves and rely on the MOT test to say their car is good so if there is a fault found on your car just be grateful that someone has actually given it a good checkover, if you dont want a fail ticket try doing some maintainance before sending it for test, and if your still not happy just ask for an appeal form (be aware that this can sometimes cause the tester to crap themselves as a lot do take the piss, as a tester i will be a nightmare to deal with as i know a lot of things are `pass and advise`, and to all you people who look foreward to 2 year testing be advised, they will probably use european test standards, which are a hell of a lot tighter than used now

Just using it as an example;I fixed my Reg unit myself before test Replaced Wipers as in the past I have been failed on a blown bulb and New wipers for some reason,Wrecked an engine with excessive Revving with no comeback i had signed a bit of paper excempting garage ? my fail was on Drop pin bushes being worn ? head lights not aiming right. As I left it with them I Coudn't point out a Ranger has a Control Knob in cab to adjust ! and all done 2 wks prior to old cert running out ! :thumbs:

tester is supposed to check adjustment knob if alignment is out, like i said, check your car out before test and if it fails consider appeal, and MOT only stations are not the answer, just find somewhere that gives an honest test

• Like 1

to make life easier check all the lights tyres horn wipers washers before going for mot yourself then try to find a small garage that does mots get to know them and things tend to be a lot easier .

:thumbs: on goin maintenance -- just coz its passed an mot dont mean it will last a year ...