to add get a long piece of rope if the pup ever shows interest in sheep cows etc just a quick pull on the rope/lead and a no or hey! will normally work but this being the hunting life plenty on here may do it different but thats what works with me

:toast:

Edited by whippetlad1976

Same with me, find a field with Sheep, not Lambing time, put the dog on a long leash walk slowly up to the Sheep they will run, if the Dog lunges, and tries to chase bring him in, and with a firm no, give him a tap across his muzzle, not too hard, just a tap, repeat till he stops.

i do the same as these lads you need to get it walking through sheep and cattle all the time so it can get use to them i normally start taking mine through them at about 3 months old if you dont get them use to cattle and sheep you'll end up having problems pal good luck :thumbs:

Also put him in unusual situations, like sheep trying to push through fencing (you know how they bounce on & off) sheep/cattle lying on their own away from the herd, these are usually triggers for dogs to chase :thumbs: