Treadmills & Terriers

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao @ 2 hrs on a mill!!! And what could possibly be wrong with getting a dog in the best shape possible before putting them in a physically challenging situation. Lazy people don't own mills, lazy pe

i dont care what anyone says treadmills r 4 people who carnt be f****d to walk there dogs when the dog will be on the treadmill the owner will be sat on the big fat arse with a big cake in there hand

you havent a clue,i had bull terriers for years and a mill is a god send,stupid remarks from those who dont know.

Guest busterdog

The lad i used to dig with used them, his dogs were ripped to the bone and in tip top condition, then again he was a totaly anal barstuard, he would weigh there food and do all sorts of mad shit with them. IMO fitness can only help but again IMO a terrier doesn't nead to be super humanly fit, a few walks every day one in the morning and one at night has always been enough for me and them.

Carp Man, thanks you the stupid responce, i thought it would take longer than a couple of minutes for someone to write CRAP. . . . . . . .

I am looking for true terrierman who have experiences using treadmills, and the pro's and cons........

i dont care what anyone says treadmills r 4 people who carnt be f****d to walk there dogs when the dog will be on the treadmill the owner will be sat on the big fat arse with a big cake in there hands u have got about 5 mouth when the huntin season has done to keep your dogs fit but no when the season done u forget about your dogs now the huntin season is startin soon u r tryin to get your dog fit in about a week well done mate thats how 2 do it :clapper::wallbash:

• Like 2

Carp Man, thanks you the stupid responce, i thought it would take longer than a couple of minutes for someone to write CRAP. . . . . . . .

I am looking for true terrierman who have experiences using treadmills, and the pro's and cons........

i dont care what anyone says treadmills r 4 people who carnt be f****d to walk there dogs when the dog will be on the treadmill the owner will be sat on the big fat arse with a big cake in there hands u have got about 5 mouth when the huntin season has done to keep your dogs fit but no when the season done u forget about your dogs now the huntin season is startin soon u r tryin to get your dog fit in about a week well done mate thats how 2 do it :clapper::wallbash:

:thumbs::laugh:

:thumbs::laugh:

:thumbs:

As has been said walking is all they need , would a threadmill work all the right muscles ?, and if your dog was stuck in a tight place and you could not get to him for time ,would you prefer he was ripped or just normal ?, One for the experts me thinks.

If you use a decent slatmill with very little resistance you wont build too much muscle but you will build wind that could never be acheived by walks alone.But any dog should always be walked before and after being worked on a mill.

• Like 1

surely sticking a dog on a treadmill for 2 hours isnt the same as a good walk my dogs are flat out running for 30 to 40 mins 3 times a day , got to be big differance between fit and well muscled?

id say your right there bear trapper, look at the difference between a body builder and a cyclist, the body builder will look more impressive and muscular but the cyclist will probably be fitter. depends what you look at in your dog and what you want from them.

N.I

surely sticking a dog on a treadmill for 2 hours isnt the same as a good walk my dogs are flat out running for 30 to 40 mins 3 times a day , got to be big differance between fit and well muscled?

Anyone with half a brain wouldnt stick a dog on a mill for 2 hours it would probably have a heart attack or just refuse to run it.And im yet to see a dog that will run flat out for 30 minutes most of the dogs ive owned will only run flat out if they are chasing something but the go out for 1/2hour every morning and at least an hour every night so they are quite calm animals.I agree you cant beat a good walk as it gives them the mental stimulation they need aswell but you can reach a much higher level of fitness using a decent mill correctly.

Guest wurzil

my dogs are out for about 90 mins everyday off lead and they spend alot of there time hoofing around after each other with my lurcher setting the pace and they always seem to be in good nick to me.