finished mews and start of my diary

saxonmaster

how are you going about making the bird to the hood fella,you would of been alot better doing this at the manning stages .where did you get the hood from and not sounding like a dick,but how do you know its a good fit as a bad fitting hood can cause hooding issues ect

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes im touching his feet now, dont think i need to use tirings every time i man him. i want the bird to be with me because he is happy to be with me not everytime i pick him up hes getting food. if

Posted Images

If the wind and rain is anything like here..you want to batten down the hatch.. :laugh: ..im no expert with hood's but from personal experience i would give it a miss unless you have a experienced falconer close at hand to show and advise you..otherwise the hawk will end up hating your hand even more..

Alright mate yeah its been fairly bad here mate today the sun was out but still to windy. I had someone with me who i mentioned in my diary he put it on him first and then i did but its always easier there as he has the other birds to distract him. I show him the hood in my hand then move it to his chest and stroke his chest with it then move to get it on then when i take it off he gets some food not sure if thats the right way but thats how i was shown tried it today in the weighting room/garage but couldnt get it on so i might leave it for a while because like you said he might start hating my hand again or just doing it when im at my mates place :thumbs:

how are you going about making the bird to the hood fella,you would of been alot better doing this at the manning stages .where did you get the hood from and not sounding like a dick,but how do you know its a good fit as a bad fitting hood can cause hooding issues ect

When i get the hood on him he has never tried to shake or pull it off so he seems happy in it but i was given that one but im having one made by a lady who makes them who has a MHH along with FHH and falcons the MHH is from the same breeder as mine and is of the same size so ill have to trust her to make one that fits and as i said above i might leave it for a while at least till he is entered properly. I know nothing about hoods what so ever so will just have to suck it and see as i cant turn back time to when i was manning him and if i cant get him to wear one or i think its causing a problem then ill have to just leave it and not use one :thumbs:

hoods are a strange thing even the best of hoodmakers dont always get it right and have to remake another hood a size either way.if u get chance take a pic of the bird hooded and ill try and see if its a good fit,if there is any gaps at all around the gape the hood is no good at all as there will be light getting in .all the best entering him soon mate .you will see his attitude change once he is entered and he will get focused

Nice one cheers for that dont know when it will be ready i told her no rush. Im really starting to see his agile ability flying through branches and distorting his body shape is brilliant to watch which is why i wanted a male i got him to drop vertically out of a tree yesterday to the fist im hoping to get him out this weekend with the ferrets if the weather is good and i can get someone to come with me.

I know the weather is diabolical at the moment Saxon but how have thing been going..im busting to see you get him on the bunnies.. :victory:

alright mate i manage to get a bit of flying in on sunday but the min we went out in the open the wind was just taking him off we tried a bit of lure work but the wind was to strong for him and took him to a tree about 2 fields away but i used the lure to bring him down but i dont want to risk it again in case he gets injured. dont think the wind is going to get much better in the week mate so will try again to get him out with the ferrets at the weekend. I need to get him hunting soon as im seeing a surgeon tomorrow as he wants to disguss another op on my back :censored: as the last op hasnt worked and i dont know when or how long i will be out of action GUTTED :censored: :censored: :censored:

' timestamp='1313018669' post='2188025']

Great job, I am going to have a go to copy it as best as I can.

thanks mate do you want a rough drawing mate to work from or if you want some close up photos of any part let me know and ill bang some photos up mate :thumbs:

pm sent mate,

' timestamp='1313018669' post='2188025']

Great job, I am going to have a go to copy it as best as I can.

thanks mate do you want a rough drawing mate to work from or if you want some close up photos of any part let me know and ill bang some photos up mate :thumbs:

pm sent mate,

didnt get it mate

just a little update on Thor ive been fflying him all week at 1lb 5 1/4 oz and is doing great hes been flying around and over me waiting for me to call him in and Thor and the dog are totally happy to be out together even with the dog off the lead. Thor is following on brilliant now and this week he has decided my head and shoulder is a good perch but ive been trying to put him off and is getting the message but the kids find it funny and Thor even landed on my 3 year old which did give him a shock at first but was stood there saying Thor thinks im a tree haha bless him wish i had the camera. decided im not going to try and enter him now till i get out of hospital and get him free lofted hopefully next week so my mrs can feed him through the food shoot and not bugger up my hard work haha.

• Like 1