finished mews and start of my diary

saxonmaster

I havent yet mate as i was working on his fitness first but you think i should just crack on with the bunny then mate? also i was at a show on monday and got chatting to a falconer doing a talk and he said i shouldnt get him entered to early as he might get frustrated and put him off not that i was going to follow his advise but it did get me thinking and something i was going to bring up with my mentor over the weekend

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes im touching his feet now, dont think i need to use tirings every time i man him. i want the bird to be with me because he is happy to be with me not everytime i pick him up hes getting food. if

Posted Images

thats birds loving it up there with his new found freedom, nice pictures again sax :thumbs:

Cheers skin :thumbs: my mrs said earlier whos that skinhead getting arrested in that photo sticking his fingers up, sorry mate i had to tell her it was you back in the day hahahaha oi oi oi

• Like 1

I think the falconers got a point mate! trying to enter him on quarry he can't catch before he has any sort of fitness will knock his confidence. seen many times people entering birds on strong quarry only to see the bird pull out halfway through, many times the reponse is to take some more weight off it when its not needed. its like me trying to catch my 15 year old boy in a 100 meter sprint, he'll just demolish me, give me some trainning for fitness though mate and I would hammer the little fooker :D.

Fitness is one of the main ingedients to much success! this and good weight managment helps a bird to fly at the peak of its powers which is paramount in the conditioning of a good hawk :thumbs:.

Cheers skin :thumbs: my mrs said earlier whos that skinhead getting arrested in that photo sticking his fingers up, sorry mate i had to tell her it was you back in the day hahahaha oi oi oi

who ever took that picture needs a medal, its a pretty iconic picture from the good old days :thumbs:, those were the days When we all had somthing to follow, these days they're all cyber kids stuck on these social network sites, most of them have never lived and never will. I've spent most of my lads 6 week Holiday trying to get him off his xbox and computer :D

I think the falconers got a point mate! trying to enter him on quarry he can't catch before he has any sort of fitness will knock his confidence. seen many times people entering birds on strong quarry only to see the bird pull out halfway through, many times the reponse is to take some more weight off it when its not needed. its like me trying to catch my 15 year old boy in a 100 meter sprint, he'll just demolish me, give me some trainning for fitness though mate and I would hammer the little fooker :D.

Fitness is one of the main ingedients to much success! this and good weight managment helps a bird to fly at the peak of its powers which is paramount in the conditioning of a good hawk :thumbs:.

thats basically what he said mate people drop the weight because its not catching and then the bird gets frustrated and starts screaming he said he has seen it so many times. That photo is great mate as i said to you i had it on a t shirt my mum and dad used to go mad god rest his soul hahahaha and i know what your saying about the kids my 15 year old daughter will need to get her phone surgically removed from her hand the 10 year old boy is obsessed with xbox black ops but i refuse to let my 3 year old boy be the same he loves getting out in the country he even said to me today daddy when i get to be a big boy can you get me a hawk and a shot gun plaese nearly made me cry hahahaha

Sorry more photos just a few of Thor trying to soar. Was out again this morning got Thor to follow me flew brilliant at 1lb 4 7/8oz trying to get out again tomorrow :thumbs:

Thor2nddayfree16.jpg

Thor2nddayfree18.jpg

Thor2nddayfree14.jpg

Thor2nddayfree19.jpg

Thor2nddayfree34.jpg

more cracking pics mate ;)

Thanks mate give me a text tomorrow if you want mate and ill get those other photos done for you mate

• Like 1

no rush mate but thanks, dad's just been taken back in to hospital tonight so i'll be going to harrogate in't afternoon, will text/ring friday f that's ok,cheers, got a course lined up also for me and the missus, hopefully get that sorted for mid september :)

Edited by shello

no rush mate but thanks, dad's just been taken back in to hospital tonight so i'll be going to harrogate in't afternoon, will text/ring friday f that's ok,cheers, got a course lined up also for me and the missus, hopefully get that sorted for mid september :)

sorry to hear about your dad mate hope he gets better soon mate and good luck with the course mate :thumbs:

what centre are you going to be doing it at as i spend alot of time (there at the mo) in york and i went to this place http://www.falconrycentre.co.uk/ a few months ago and i got chatting to the owner and after about 30mins of chatting he said it was a bird zoo lol ,as i was having a brew in the office i was listeneing to the woman behind the counter and i was all about money .