lightforce red filter modification

does any else find the lightforce red filter a bit clumsy and noisy to take off out in the field or am i on my own on that one or has anyone modified theres as i am thinking of changing my lamp but seems a shame just because of that,any help and advise please or anyone having the same problem,cheers

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why don't ya try the info thats been dealt to ya F&H, i've just posted back on the battery connector thred. Christ, when I started out it was a motorbike spot & battery a big tin and shit load

The two options I use are, either, take (saw or burn) all the lugs off and file smooth, so you just have a disk, then add one strip of black insulation tape right around the rim, mostly on the inside

The two options I use are, either, take (saw or burn) all the lugs off and file smooth, so you just have a disk, then add one strip of black insulation tape right around the rim, mostly on the inside so it just comes up on the outside. This creates a snug fit that doesn't clatter when removing or re-fitting. Or, heat one lug near the rim, soften and bend outwards, this way creates a good handle for a 'snatch off' and should go back on easier too, though not as quiet as the first.

Hope that is of help. ;)

• Like 1

does any else find the lightforce red filter a bit clumsy and noisy to take off out in the field or am i on my own on that one or has anyone modified theres as i am thinking of changing my lamp but seems a shame just because of that,any help and advise please or anyone having the same problem,cheers

I took off the 2 bottom clips and put a small hinge onto the filter and lamp...works for me,...

I do what bosun, All clips off and i boar a hole in in the center half '' or so (Biggest one i had) that way you got a finger hole too grab quick when the dogs running down the red beam....

Another thing i tryed was too drill a small hole in the lamp and filter and tie with a bit of string that way you can take the filter off and drop it an you cant lose it and frees up a hand,

If only lightforce had the same design as the filter on the cuelite it would be a better alround filter system IMHO

never had problems with mine,but i thing i do is little hole through the rim of the filter bit of string from filter to lamp so when ya flick it of it will just hang there [can never lose it this way] :thumbs:

same as but also remove one of the lugs much easier to get back on :thumbs:

020.jpg

Edited by watchman

yeah i think i am gonna end up with a clulite but am gonna give the hinge on the filter a go but could do with seeing some pictures

I put some pictures on here a long while ago,don,t know if they are still about though