shooting the big gun !

heres the picture of the foxes and the duck

Hope the fox killed the duck and you didnt shoot it........... :hmm:

this post is on here as im a pure air rifle man but was given the oportunity to fire a big calibre rifle and thought i would share my experience with everyo ne

this post is on here as im a pure air rifle man but was given the oportunity to fire a big calibre rifle and thought i would share my experience with everyo ne

OK but Ducks are not in season, did the fox kill it?

Oops my mistake i didnt realise it was your first shot of "a big boys gun"....thank f**k there wasn't a horse around eh.... :wallbash:

HIS POST FROM ANOTHER FORUM BEFOR U START RIPPING HIM TO BITS OVER A DEAD DUCK

i was visiting my keeper mate last night when a farmer called in to say he had just finished cutting a field and had spotted a few cubs,so after a chat about where they were the keeper put the 243 into the 4x4 and off we went .the keeper set us up in the corner of a field and started calling but nothing showed for more than an hour and then a scrawny cub came through the hedge and sat down but the shot was too risky so we waited for a bit longer ,then out the corner of my eye i spotted another cub to my left about 100 yds away with what looked liked a piece of rag or something in its mouth ,on further inspection [through the scopes] it turned out it was a bloody duck in its mouth .the keeper called it and it stood watching in our direction,he then gave ME the rifle and told me to do the buisiness so not wanting to miss an opportunity i lay down with bipod set and my breathing steadied a bit lol i found the fox in the scopes and pulled the trigger! well i nearly shat myself with the noise but the look on the keepers face said it all one very dead fox .i wanted to run down and claim my prize but a hand across my chest meant something was happening,the other cub was on the move towards the dead one the keeper gently took the rifle from me and set himself up and a quick squeak had the cub sitting perfect for him he didnt need another opportunity and took it out at about 150 yds we waited for another half hour but nothing showed so we walked to the dead foxes and on closer inspection found the cub? that i shot was actually the vixen to the other cub so off we went with 2 dead foxes and a bonus duck .hey lads i like these big rifles they dont take prisoners do they?

Edited by dave goodall
  • Like 2

hi lads

its still in the wrong section!

best way to do it is put it in the Rimfire, Centrefire & Shotguns section then put a link to it!

that's what I do when I go out with deker from the Rimfire, Centrefire & Shotguns section.

this way there is no confusion over a fox being in the air rifle section,and newbies don't see it in here and think its OK to go round shooting fox with there air rifles!

i am not having a go just a tip on how to post it!!

Davy

HIS POST FROM ANOTHER FORUM BEFOR U START RIPPING HIM TO BITS OVER A DEAD DUCK

i was visiting my keeper mate last night when a farmer called in to say he had just finished cutting a field and had spotted a few cubs,so after a chat about where they were the keeper put the 243 into the 4x4 and off we went .the keeper set us up in the corner of a field and started calling but nothing showed for more than an hour and then a scrawny cub came through the hedge and sat down but the shot was too risky so we waited for a bit longer ,then out the corner of my eye i spotted another cub to my left about 100 yds away with what looked liked a piece of rag or something in its mouth ,on further inspection [through the scopes] it turned out it was a bloody duck in its mouth .the keeper called it and it stood watching in our direction,he then gave ME the rifle and told me to do the buisiness so not wanting to miss an opportunity i lay down with bipod set and my breathing steadied a bit lol i found the fox in the scopes and pulled the trigger! well i nearly shat myself with the noise but the look on the keepers face said it all one very dead fox .i wanted to run down and claim my prize but a hand across my chest meant something was happening,the other cub was on the move towards the dead one the keeper gently took the rifle from me and set himself up and a quick squeak had the cub sitting perfect for him he didnt need another opportunity and took it out at about 150 yds we waited for another half hour but nothing showed so we walked to the dead foxes and on closer inspection found the cub? that i shot was actually the vixen to the other cub so off we went with 2 dead foxes and a bonus duck .hey lads i like these big rifles they dont take prisoners do they?

Would have been alot easier just to say "Yes the duck was killed by the fox" instead of getting tetchy about it then eh..... :thumbs:

nice shooting,so i guess the cubs were out for a duck :thumbs:

no need to move the post im sure the lads will realise that" shooting the big gun" isnt about killing foxes with an air rifle oh and thanks for moving my thread about as i got a bit mixed up [thick geordie ]