3/4 grey collies on hares

For all the guys who own this type of dog what's the most hares your 3/4 has caught in a day pe-ban and how many runs before you had to call it a day? Iv seen a few run them and it is exciting to watch to start but they faded away quite quickThe guys that had them didn't have them peak condition so I was just wondering what the case was for the guys who have got them proper fit. Edited to say during the hunting season.

Edited by obi2

For all the guys who own this type of dog what's the most hares your 3/4 has caught in a day pe-ban and how many runs before you had to call it a day? Iv seen a few run them and it is exciting to watch to start but they faded away quite quickThe guys that had them didn't have them peak condition so I was just wondering what the case was for the guys who have got them proper fit. Edited to say during the hunting season.

my cousin had 1, quite racey and decent on the lamp. he asked me 2 take it out in the day and see what i thought. first slip was a good run with plenty of turns before the hare got to cover, actualy thought yh hes got sumot about him. gave him another slip gave the hare abit more of a start, was getin up to it then just pulled up. last time that dog ever ran a hare.

jacker below......

post-21697-0-41652900-1311629260_thumb.jpg

Seen a few jackers with this cross, as you said decent lampers and iv heard some are handy with foxes but when it came to daytime hares there was none that were worth talking about from my experience.

My old black 3/4 dog would run them all the time maybe get 5 or 6 slips and catch maybe 3 or 4 .he is 9 now and will still be running the odd one this winter the last time i had him out coursing which was last year he was on 1 hare for at least 4 or 5 minutes he did'nt kill but he gave a great show for me and the other lads that were out but when he was in his prime he would maybe get a couple of dozen turns from them and then a kill but he did have the odd long course

post-21594-0-16415400-1311630001_thumb.jpg

post-21594-0-02885900-1311630040_thumb.jpg

Seen a few jackers with this cross, as you said decent lampers and iv heard some are handy with foxes but when it came to daytime hares there was none that were worth talking about from my experience.

My old man had a collie grey not a 3/4 mind was no fen dog but great lamper which could do numbers but also done 5 in daytime then went out and killed more in the lamp that night.he also bred a 3/4 of him which was lost,but was told had great potential .and was doing well up till then

i had one pre ban that would be running great but if it came to a ditch or gate etc he would pull up.great lamp dog on rabbits and charlie so i think the lamping was why hed stop .he wouldnt ever pull up on charlie no matter what ditch or gate etc in the day time

seem a few myself mate, my grandad had 1 40 yrs back it was a well known dog round birmingham. won a lot of matches with it, they called him joe the motorbike. very fast dog my grandad said with great strike. before he died i showed him a video of lucky on a 5 min run, he laughed and said joe woulda killed that 4 and a half mins ago... :whistling: