Range finder

In a word, yes, I do not have the experience yet to be able to accurately judge range, especially if shooting into the middle of the paddock at an angle, with an accurate range you can get devastating results! I have now take out rabbits with a head shot at 60 metres (65.62 yards or 196.85 feet). With known shot fall and the right conditions long range kills need be no problem!

My last hunting trip, with photos...

Edited by secretagentmole

my best shot so far with bsa r10 was 34yards free standing, my brother has had a rabbit 41 yards lay down, but i said it was a lucky shot.lol..my next step is a tri pod + range finder then the rabbits wont stand a chance. CWN-HELA

hey mate, go for a budget range finder. i bought mine brand new off ebay for around £80.

it works wonders (when i can be bothered using it)(theres only so much you can range find before you know distances by heart :tongue2: )

i dont have it with me at the moment and cant actually remember the name but ill let you know later. cheap, robust and works! :)

if your hunting with an air rifle, you should look for one no more than 200m laser range as youll be going into the big bucks then.

will let you know what mines called soon mate

atb

alex