stopping a pup from pissing in the house

I have had dogs all my life and never had one so difficult to house train then this lurcher i've got. Any idea's would be great! :thumbs:

any pup kept in the house i always crate them ,much easier to manage,house train,keep out of trouble , take them out let them take a piss , treat them , easy,,any pup will make an association with its surrounds and taking a leak or a crap, the smell of the grass ,the feel of it under its feet ,,but on the other hand if it associates carpet or a tiled floor with the place to go , thats where it will go,,

thats why the newspaper thing works so well , the smell and feel of the newspaper can be moved around because its the smell and feel that triggers its association with pissing,,

your going to have to get some of that spray its goiong to keep marking same place otherwise....some just take longer to get clean than others try the crate training though i never did it before always had dogs come clean anyway from walking them alot ..but last two had to go in crate when was at work after they ate my new kitchen the day after was put in..but i did help them come clean too ...although u get a dirty dog like my oarents terrier and they still do it in crate..but thren it is half brain dead that one...hope you get it sorted :thumbs:

Top lads :thumbs: . If i had my way she'd be outside but she lives with my mum as i live in a one bedroom flat and she likes her in the house. :wallbash:

Well if your mum wants it in the house then let her worry about the piss......... :D

I agree with the crate training idea - I do it with all of mine. It's beneficial for more than just house training but it definitely makes it easier. You have to stay on top of them, taking them out all the time, after sleep, play and eating ... but they get the message faster with the crate. Don't paper train. All that does is add an extra step to the learning. Just be consistent and only correct them if you catch them in the act. Rubbing their nose in it is really not going to do anything other than teach them not to rub their nose where they piss :laugh:

Pets at Home sells a deterrent you can put on areas where they've wee'd before. I've not used it but others I know say it works well.

Hi Judge, dont make the mistake of using household bleach when cleaning as the amonia make dogs piss even more use a citrus cleaner will cover up smell and make a lot easier to train

I made that mistake already pal spoilt a £3000 rug. :whistling:

Well this is the 2nd day without any accidents so fingers crossed. :thumbs: