are there any sites on the net where you could buy some ?

There are various stick making sites on the net, some of them good too.

You will be looking around a tenner + a shank

I have the odd thing kicking around from various flavours of shanks to willow, beech,ash and birch burls. Most of which are seasoned, i get them all the time. If you let me know what your after i can see what i can do.

Not the best pic but to give you an idea.

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

I keep meaning to put up some pics of the sticks i have made which i will do, but i will also run a few burls through the bandsaw to show the grains of the various burls.

Some will be cracking for knife making, catapults, knobsticks, thumbsticks etc etc :whistling::whistling:

:thumbs:

I may have a couple of well seasoned shanks going, what you offering in return and where in w yorks are you :thumbs:

nr wakefield ,will buy em how much and how straight are they :thumbs:

Edited by higun

anyone got any spare hazel shanks for sale west yorks area for stickmaking :thumbs: thanks higun

ive got a couple of decent well seasoned hazel shanks, got a couple of ash honey suckle twist shanks too, im from normanton call round and look and have a look at them?

chris

Oi pippa you slag!! get off my touting :tongue2:

Higun, pipa is closer to you and he is a top chap so snap his offer up.

If not you have my number.

atb Moxy :thumbs:

lol.sorry moxy didnt mean to steal youre sale! just thought id help a fellow stickmaker out, esp when hes from my neck of the woods, and thnx for the top chap comment! moxy is also a decent bloke who i have great dealings with, if youre in need of ferret boxes.. this lads the one to see :thumbs:

anyone got any spare hazel shanks for sale west yorks area for stickmaking :thumbs: thanks higun

ive got a couple of decent well seasoned hazel shanks, got a couple of ash honey suckle twist shanks too, im from normanton call round and look and have a look at them?

chris

cheers chris will give u a call and bob over cheers again Geoff