Bee stings take a dogs life..:(

Hi everyone...

I realise that this post isn't concerning Lurchers, Terriers, Spaniels or any other 'working' dog but it does concern a dog that I had the pleasure of knowing since she was 8 weeks old...she was a Black German Shepard called Sara...

Please go to the link below and read the very sad outcome of Sara's very short life...and if you wouldn't mind signing the petition it would be very much appreciated....

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/gsd_sara_andover/

I understand they're might be some people on here that maybe don't agree with what the petition is all about but she was a much loved family pet and it was a devastating piece of news not just to the family but to friends a like....all I ask is if you don't agree with it please don't start slagging it off....

Thank you for taking the time to read this post...

Atb Miss T x

Very sad for the owners, but what is their dog doing wandering around unfenced communal gardens.

If a dog can not be kept on the individual owners property then the home provided for the dog was not adequate.

The problem was not the bees but the dogs owner who should accept personal responsibility (something few people want to do nowerdays) and stop this daft petition.

Silly people!

• Like 1

Isn't the point of communal gardens to have freedom of space, it is a shared garden which itself is fenced but the hives were not....it wasn't the fact that there were hives but more the fact the bees had not been properly cared for which resulted in an over population and hives being situated in the surrounding trees and the bees aggression can be hightend due to this....the fact is that it was an accident and this is known but it could of been a child of which they're many that play in the gardens...they do not want the bees destroy'd just relocated to a more suitable area where they will be looked after properly.

If you don't agree with the petition that is fine i have asked nicely for people not to start speaking ill of it...i don't know what part of it deeply offends you RicW but it is each to they're own, if it was one of your own dogs though you would be thinking the same as everyone else...and would be equally as devestated.

Veedublee and lab-tastic...we all thought the same as you but as the police were informed of the event and there are some other things the neighbour has done it wouldn't be worth it to do anything...and like i said they just want the bees moved so this kind of situation can be avoided again.

Atb Miss T x

Edited by Miss Tarka

Communal gardens and dogs do not go together, the dogs owner was quite happy to let there dog crap all over the communal gardens but bleat when this happens.

I am so tempted to leave a message on that petition.

Poor dog with irresponsible owners.

They have they're own garden in which the dog would go in mostly but as it was a nice day they took the dog to the communal garden as do others that live there and own dogs...and as you dont know them or the dog i dont think you have any right in saying anything bad..the dog was well looked after and loved and if any of them messed they would be cleaned up after....but again that is beside the point.

Shepp i respect what you are saying and you are entitled to your own opinion so i don't want to argue...if you don't agree don't sign it...you don't need to go and leave a message saying so.

I asked for it all to be read and respected and i would expect no less from fellow dog people...

Miss T

As an ex Bee keeper of 8 hives, i think there should be some kind of inspections for keepers.

Far to many idiots out there with no understanding of Bees, keeping them piss poor and dangerously, these f**k wits need policing as they will f**k it up for the genuine lads who have taken the timer to learn the art. Theres also a huge ammount of people selling Bees to any Tom Dick or Harry.

This is what happened to the Pitbull Terrier and look what happened there.

Ive signed as i feel a dogs life was wasted in this instance and as horrific as that is it could quite as easy been a toddler.

ATB D

On the one hand I think probably the bee keepers were irresponsible for not keeping the bees in a safer place.

But on the other hand, the owner of the 'inquisitive' puppy knew the bees where there. Knowing their dog was inquisitive, they should've supervised it better.

In short the owners failed the dog imo. I would not in a million years let my dog loose in an area where I knew bees were kept.

Poor pup.