First time ratting

Border terrier mate. it is still quite immature tho but had to get it out to see what it's all about. I just had it in my head that it would have went a bit different. I'm as new to ratting as she is.

Yeah there was a couple of russels there that were very experienced ratters. Once they caught she would go in for a rag. I'm being to hard on the dog. First time out with other dogs, smoker blasting away and rats running about it had never seen before. A bit much for a pup to take in the more I think about it.

my grandad was a keeper, around the release pens, there were feed storage sheds,which housed several 50 gallon drums containing feed, which had tin sheets across the tops, every other week in at least one of the bins, would have a handfull of rats that had dropped in after there lunch, he believed that dropping first attempt terriers in and having ago always payed divide ends, being right on top of the job always got them goin! one of his older dogs he had, russell x westie was mustard at this close encounter mayhem!

Cheers for the comments and tips guys. Back out end of week or next week again.

do you know anyone with a live catch rat trap use some peanut butter and get one let the dog see it but not to close

then take them out in a field and let it out i have seen this done dog soon gets the hang of it