the furthest i went was snowboarding in france and that was 13 hrs no.gif not good mate and i went on the chunnel thumbs.gif and i certainly wouldn't drive to benidorm thumbs.gif maybe if you dive in to a few hotels on the way threw it could be a nice tidy holiday thumbs.gif

Three of us did it earlier this year,from 30 minutes south of Benidorm up to Holland,did it in just over 2 days,would have been easier and a darned site cheaper to fly Alicante-Gatwick,we just followed the sat-nav,cant you get the ferry over from Portsmouth to santander and drive the rest?

Three of us did it earlier this year,from 30 minutes south of Benidorm up to Holland,did it in just over 2 days,would have been easier and a darned site cheaper to fly Alicante-Gatwick,we just followed the sat-nav,cant you get the ferry over from Portsmouth to santander and drive the rest?

thats what i'm thinking mate just don't know what would be the best ferry route to go to keep driving time down ?

thats what i'm thinking mate just don't know what would be the best ferry route to go to keep driving time down ?

ive done it on a motorbike, plymouth to santander then straight down and caen to portsmouth coming back its not a bad run keep of the toll roads tho

keep of the toll roads

Thats going to be difficult,they are everywhere,the AP-7 was the one we came up,and all the prostitutes sitting on plastic chairs on roadsides wearing small mini-skirts just outside the small towns :blink:

I've driven to Marseille and to Poland twice, neither are quite as far as benidorm but they're not far off, about 100 miles less. To be honest with you mate, loads of people say you must be mental driving that far but as long as you're prepared it's actually quite a good experience. When I went to Marseille I was with someone else who drives so she drove for about 2 hours half way there while I had a kip, on the way back I got so wired up with coffee I drove for a continuous 24 hours only stopping for fuel and the ferry, driving through Paris at midnight completely buzzin on caffiene is absolutely quality, loads of tunnel, loads of slip roads into tunnels, thousands of cars whizzing all over the place, it was like a real life computer game, I was lovin it! First time I went to Poland I drove from Cheshire to Poland but had a kip in the car in Belgium for about 3 or 4 hours, last time I went to Poland I drove from Wrexham to Folkestone and then got the euro and stayed in a hotel in Calais then drove there the next day.

My advice if you're going to do it....definitely take the euro tunnel instead of a ferry, so much easier and quicker! Work out approximately where's around about half way and time it so you're staying overnight somewhere, get one of those travel kettles that plugs into your cigarette lighter and take a shit load of coffee with you. Get a roof box and put all your stuff in the boot and in the box so there's room to put your seat back and have a snooze if you need to (which you probably will!). Don't be tempted to try and do any of the journey at night to avoid traffic, it makes it a million times harder, do all your driving in the daytime.

Oh and if your mrs drives it makes it soooo much easier!!!! And don't let people put you off doing it, when I went to Poland a couple of months ago, my mrs doesn't drive and our daughter was only 4 months old so we had a baby in tow aswell, 1000 miles each way and I enjoyed every minute of it (apart from the parts in the UK.....driving on the continent makes you realise how f'ckin pathetic people are on the motorways in this country....you don't get any lane huggers in Germany that's for sure!).

Mate....just do it! :thumbs:

ive done it on a motorbike, plymouth to santander then straight down and caen to portsmouth coming back its not a bad run keep of the toll roads tho

how many miles is the drive down from santander ?